Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Winter Adventure

It has been a very busy week, with just returning from a wonderful trip to Niagara Falls with my Mom and Sisters.

We enjoyed wonderful winter views of the falls from our hotel room.
This is the sunrise over the mist of the Canadian falls.





This is a view of the American falls as seen from the Canadian side. We were lucky enough to see a rainbow one day. 


It really was a winter wonderland, but very very cold and windy. 






Of course I took some hand stitching to enjoy while taking in the wonderful views. This is another block for my new "Life is Beautiful" project. This block says "wherever you go, go with all your heart". 
We certainly did that in Niagara. 




And when I came home, look what was waiting for me... 
a gift from the January Binding Blitz draw at Julie's Quilts!  It is time to post our binding successes for the month of February - hop over and check it out here.


12 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

The falls are just stunning! Throw in a rainbow as well? Wow! :)

Daytona Damsel said...

Very nice view, especially the sunrise.
Debbie

julieQ said...

Someday I would love to see Niagra! Glad your package got there!

beaquilter said...

I've seen some amazing winter photos from there this year, would love to go one day.

Cathy said...

A gorgeous view.... especially since you could stay indoors and warm to see it!!

Kate said...

Wow! Gorgeous views!

Janet O. said...

I haven't seen the Falls in decades. Looks like winter is a magical time to go!
Nice bundle from that sweetheart, Julie!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Perfect way to view Niagara Falls in the winter, if you ask me. ;-)

I just LOVE those fabrics you won! Congratulations!

Lisa J. said...

I've never thought of going to Niagara Falls in the winter. It's very beautiful.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

We were there in August when we took our son to college and I've been watching the drone videos this winter. Fascinating to see it iced up! You really had a lovely view.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Wow--the falls really are beautiful in the winter too. Congrats on your win--I love blue and white prints!

Needled Mom said...

It does look like a winter wonderland. Beautiful!