|From Cup of Good|
Sometimes you just have to count your blessings. Those wonderful events, memories, "ordinary miracles", and serendipitous situations that make you smile and realize how rich you are. According to the posting on the right, I am very fortunate indeed.
AND I am a quilter.
How lucky am I?!?
Well, today I feel very blessed for all of these reasons... plus:
1) Did I tell you I bought a new/old sewing machine?!? I am gently oiling and fixing her up. Her guts are spread all over the place at the moment, which I wouldn't recommend doing, but I discovered she needed a new tension spring. A new one has been ordered and I think she will be up and running in no time. We are brainstorming about an appropriate name...any suggestions?
2) Did I mention I saw Neil Diamond last weekend?
Oh yah, I did.
The concert got a great review - click here.
3) my blog was listed in a posting at Quilty Folk as being one of the top 30 inspirational blogs - you can see the list here. That really made my day! I love so many of the blogs on that list, and was excited to find a few more that I had not yet visited. In the very big internet world where there are thousands of quilting websites, it was a delight and honour to be included. My smile is very big about that :)
4) I had some wonderful midweek slow stitching time. I enjoyed watching Bonnie Hunter's QuiltCam while hand embroidering my third Life Is Beautiful block. The running stitch is my favorite because it reminds me of hand quilting.
5) Guess who is coming to Canada in April? Ricky Tims is making a 4 city tour, and my friend Louise and I are going to see him when he comes to Ontario! This is a once in a lifetime chance, and we are really looking forward to a day with Ricky!
Life is good!