Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Mid Month UFO report

Thankfully the furnace is back on here, and quilting activities have resumed. And not a moment too soon, since it is already the middle of the month, and not much progress has been made on my UFO of the month. 


My poor Sweet Treats has been on the "to finish" list for almost 3 months now. I made these blocks in a 2012 quilt along over at Patchwork Times. So this quilt has aged sufficiently now, and is ready to be done!





The quilt is finally pin basted, and machine quilting can begin. I have picked out the threads and prepped some bobbins. The blue thread in the bobbins is called Genziana 50 wt. which my machine likes (I bought it from Tristan threads in the clearance section). The top thread is a very pretty variegated 50 wt. Aurifil. It has a lot of pretty colours and the colour changes are quick, so the thread is fun to quilt with. 


Happy Quilting on St. Patrick's Day!
You rock!

11 comments:

Kate said...

Those threads are perfect. Looking forward to seeing how you finish this one. I did that quilt along with Judy. My version now lives with one of Drama Teen's teachers from junior high.

Created by Kathi said...

So glad your furnace is back to working! I love Tristan threads for my Aurifil fixes.. I guess you have a store close to you? I order online of course! lol
I love the UFO you are working on... and I love your image for St Patty's day wishes too!
Have a fun one! Kathi

Deanna W said...

You "shamrock" too!!!! Get R Done....that quilt doesn't want to be on the to do pile anymore...it wants to be on a bed!!! haha Love you choice of colours!!

Deb A said...

Very pretty quilt top. I really must grab a UFO and do something with it this week. My list has not had anything checked off this year yet.

Scrappy quilter said...

What a pretty quilt.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a bright and cheerful quilt!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

was going to ask and I forgot - do you do your machine quilting on a domestic machine or a long arm? I know you do slow stitching too :)

Janet O. said...

I've always loved this happy, dotty creation. You've chosen a great thread for the quilting. Interested to see how you choose to quilt it.

Rachel said...

Lovely! I love dots and that's a great variegated thread. The inner squares of those corners stones look tiny! Nice work.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

I have some of those old UFO's too, good for you getting it done. Happy St Patrick's day.

Jeanna said...

Very pretty UFO Kathy. You selected some nice threads for the quilting.