Sunday, March 08, 2015

International Women's Day

Life Is Beautiful Block #2
Welcome to Slow Sunday Stitching and International Women's Day....two great reasons to celebrate today! It is fitting that I recently finished the second embroidery block for my "Life is Beautiful" project, which celebrates the laughter and love of friends.
And in keeping with the theme of Women's Day, I started stitching the third block while on a trip with my Mom and sisters. I have been blessed with a solid foundation of support from my female tribe!
Today I will be hand stitching the binding on my little challenge quilt,and hoping that my straight cut binding will be able to go around the newly curved edges. And I will be adding a few beads to sparkle up the star circle.

What are you hand stitching today? Link up your blog post below and share your progress with us...




20 comments:

Turid said...

Sweet little embroidery you've made. Happy woman's day!

Quilting Stories said...

I love your sweet embroidery! Thank you for this party on Woman's day!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

What a perfect embroidered block to celebrate Woman's Day! Enjoy your slow stitches!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Congrats on your finish! I think your binding will work as long as your curves aren't to tight--fingers crossed!

Julierose said...

Adorable embroidery! Nice sentiment...hugs, Julierose

SandraC said...

Kathy, is it possible for you to delete my "linky" and I'll try again...with a picture? I'm new at this.

:(

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the quilt I linked to is actually finished and boxed up along with another quilt to be mailed to my grandchildren but I have more hand work going and more photos on the blog. I didn't know it was International Women's Day - seems there is a day for everything now!

Lisa J. said...

Happy Women's day to you as well. Yes friends are what holds it all together.

KaHolly said...

Oh, I have always loved Helen's Life Is Beautiful pattern. At the moment, it's cost prohibitive for me to order, but it's definitely on my list of someday purchases. You know what? I don't have a stitchery project set up to go, but will definitely prepare one this morning.....it's on my list, too. My lists are very overwhelming!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Happy Women's day to you! My quilting friends are my support system. I love this project you have started. Have a great day!

Quilter Kathy said...

I fixed the image Sandra so you don't need to redo.

Kate said...

Very wise words on a very cute stitchery. Enjoy your slow stitching today.

SandraC said...

How cool is that! Thanks!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I didn't realize that today was International Woman's Day ... perfect block for it, that's for sure.

Teresa in Music City said...

Always so inspired when I read your blog Kathy! That new stitchery pattern will be a fun project and keep your fingers happy for a while :) I've been away a while, so I had to jump back to see your Challenge Quilt - great job! Looking forward to seeing the finish :)

Julierose said...

I think (?) I was able to join in today--with Linky...hugs, Julierose

Julierose said...

P.S. I don't know why my image didn't come through though..ack--always something!! Hugs

Quilter Kathy said...

You did good! I just inserted the image.

Sarah said...

Nice sentiment on your stitching! Have a good day. X

audrey said...

Great stitching as always.:) Lovely to link up!