Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday already?


What happened to this week? 
It passed by in a blur!
Too much time was spent snuggling my neighbour's baby. I ask you, how can anyone resist this cuteness?!? She is growing in leaps and bounds, and doing really well. And she just happens to be dressed in an outfit to match her baby quilt!





A little bit of time was leftover for more machine quilting, but not enough to finish this project. I changed from the walking foot to the free motion foot (kept the feed dogs up) and found it to be faster. I have finished more than half of the quilt now, so it will soon be time to prep the binding.

TGIF!

9 comments:

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

You can never spend too much time snuggling babies, they need all the love they can get! She's adorable and your quilt is coming along very nicely.

Lesley said...

What a beautiful baby! Love your dotty quilt and your gorgeous banner quilt too!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

She's a cutie!!

Dasha said...

Love the quilts you make Kathy, and this one is no exception. Quilts can wait; a baby needs all the love you can throw at her.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what is better than a baby for a prop for a quilt photo LOL -- I've been featured on Amy's Creative Side! shared my hand quilting

Deanna W said...

She is definitely a cutie!! free motioning with the feed dogs up!! I have done this before but by accident. Is there less drag when you change feet that makes it go faster?Inquiring minds who want to know more about machine quilting are asking!!!

Thearica said...

She is a sweetie!

I came over through Madame Samm's Meet and Greet to see your stitchery pieces. Will return later.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a cutie! I need to pull a quilt out and play - and I don't always remember to drop the dogs and don't notice the difference.

Janet O. said...

At first glance I thought the baby was a doll! She is adorable!
When I learned to FMQ on my DSM I was told to try with the feed dogs up and then with them down. On my machine I had better tension with the feed dogs left up. I think you just have to see what works with the machine you have.