Friday, March 13, 2015

Scrap Squad - Pam's Pointed Prisms

Being a member of the 2015 Scrap Squad at Quiltmaker is such a fun experience. I have just received my second assignment, which is a pattern that will be in the May/June issue, and this weekend I will be searching the stash for fabrics to start sewing the blocks.
QMMP 150400 PRISMS 506 Scrap Quilt Ideas: Kathys Pointed Prisms
Kari Ramsay's Pointed Prisms



"Pointed Prisms" was my first assignment. This pattern by Kari Ramsay is in the March/April issue of Quiltmaker magazine.
This is her version of the pattern that was in the magazine.







My version of Pointed Prisms
This is my version of the same pattern. You can read more about it on the Quiltmaker blog here, or on my blog post hereThere are three members of the Scrap Squad that are making this same pattern.
Pam Snow's version of the pattern will be posted today. Hop over and visit the Quiltmaker blog to see what she created.



Today I will be working on this lap quilt, which I adopted at guild meeting this week. Someone else pieced the blue and yellow top, and pin basted the quilt, but became frustrated with the quilting of it. Everything was in the bag including thread and binding fabric. I plan to do easy straight line quilting with the walking foot. TGIF!

8 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for the link. It was interesting to see another version of the same quilt, but... I like YOURS the best!!

Janet O. said...

Your top reminds me of fringe or tassels, like the ones I had on a tunic top back in the 60s. (I was a little girl--really!!) : )

Rebecca said...

The only magazine I pick up on a regular bases is Quiltmaker and the Scrap Squad is one of the top reasons I still buy it!! Thanks for sharing.

Deanna W said...

That adopted quilt reminds me ...one of yours was adopted to me...I still have to finish that one!!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Very bright! I'm sure you are having lots of fun 'testing' the patterns for the magazine.

Scrappy quilter said...

Great job!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love your version, keeps the eye moving around.

Kate said...

I love contrast between the cool fabrics in Kari's version and the warm color fabrics in your version. Both are beautiful quilts.