Monday, March 02, 2015

Design Wall - UFO

Well, I didn't get my UFO of the month finished last month - for the second month in a row.  In my defense, I did finish 6 quilts so far this year, but just not this one. Sheesh.

But I did make a backing for the quilt, and here it is on the design wall today. I sewed a huge log cabin block which I thought was very clever for a quilt with a lot of log cabin blocks. The fabric in the middle of the block will also be the binding of the quilt.



And I did put a border on this UFO, so progress has been made and it is now ready for basting and quilting. 
Do you think the third time is a charm? Want to make bets on whether I'll finish it this month?!?
To see more design wall posts, hop over to Patchwork Times. And to see more UFO goals for March, hop over to A Lovely Year of Finishes.

15 comments:

ES said...

good luck at getting this one ticked off the list - it'll be super when it's finished!!

Lesley said...

Great backing idea for your LC quilt. Your UFO quilt is lovely, so bright and fresh, so I hope you get it finished as soon as you'd like!

Lisa J. said...

Let's hope the third time is a charm. I really like the back ....and the front of this quilt. If misery likes company. I didn't finish my goal either.

Stephie said...

What a joyful quilt Kathy - you've got to get that one done ready for spring! Love the back too, especially that pink and red stripe at the bottom - I'm a sucker for that sort of thing, haha!

sunny said...

You're making progress, so it's all good. Love the giant log cabin!

Sue Daurio said...

Great idea for the backing, that's going to be an awesome reversible quilt!

AnnieO said...

Six quilts in two months--I'll never match that! Cool backing for such a pretty quilt.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The top is fun and bright. Of course you'll get it done.

Turid said...

Cool backing for a beautiful quilt.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Cute loge cabin quilt - I like how bright and cheerful it is! You can get it done.

Janet O. said...

You did a great job on creating the jumbo block for the back!
I like the border on the front--provides a nice frame and makes the blocks stand out.
I'm still reeling over the fact that you have 6 finishes in two months, so I can't think well enough to guess if this one will get finished this month, or not. On numbers alone, the chances are good. : )

swooze said...

6 finishes and no accidental starts? I'd say you are doing great!

Ruth said...

Wow 6 is great going! Love the colours in your quilt - so simple yet really eye catching!

Jeanna said...

What a fun quilt! Love the colors :)

Kate said...

Progress is progress, even it didn't get all the way done. Six finishes is doing really well since we just finished February. Congrats!