Saturday, March 28, 2015

Mellow Yellow

I can't believe it's the last Saturday of March already - it's the last week for playing with the yellow scraps over at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.



I decided to do some paper piecing this week and sewed a palm branch block.

This free paper pieced pattern is from Quiet Play and is still available if you want to give it a try. The blocks finish at 6" x 7" and each block uses 14 small scraps.

Here are the 13 blocks I've made so far. I started this project in the middle of 2012, and add a block now and then when I have enough small scraps and feel like doing some paper piecing. I don't know how many I'll end up making, but it's a fun project to visit once in a while :)



And of course I made a few more little Alamo Stars. All of my smallest batik scraps go in a bin for these blocks. These are 2.25" blocks and so cute!


To see more yellow scrap projects, hop over to SoScrappy's link up.


21 comments:

scraphappy said...

I had forgotten about the palm branch blocks. Such a great collection so far.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the months are flying by - it seems like it was just Christmas now it is spring

Karen in Breezy Point said...

The Palm blocks are so cool--love them!

Anonymous said...

The palms are beautiful. They will make for a wonderful quilt.

LA Paylor said...

I just love to see what you're making! The palm fronds are right up my alley. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Scrappy quilter said...

I like your Alamo stars. They are looking great. I've never seen the Palm blocks before, great job!

Mari said...

Not too much longer and there will be enough of those palm branch blocks for a quilt! They're lovely.

Nell's Quilts said...

So nice to see the palm branches being worked on today. So appropriate considering the season.

Janet O. said...

I so admire your stick-to-it-iveness in keeping these scrap projects going long term. They will make amazing quilts one day. I'm afraid I wouldn't have the patience.
Hoe many of those darling Alamo stars have you made so far? Have I already asked you that recently? : )

Edith said...

Phew, those Alamo Stars are tiny. Love the look of your Palm Branch blocks.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love seeing all the palm branch blocks together . . . beautiful!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Lovely scrappy yellow projects today!
I hear the next colour is purple...

Angie said...

Fun to see the Palm Branch blocks again - they are lovely! You must have a huge stack of Alamo Stars by now - enough for a quilt yet? (I know they are small!)

Anonymous said...

Love your little Alamo stars! Tiny blocks are challenging but so much fun.

Deb A said...

Oh so pretty! Love those palms and the stars are so cute. Love the one with green. Reminds me of a dafodill.

Carol Swift said...

The palm branch design is beautiful...love the yellows!

Debra said...

Your plam branch blocks look fantastic together. Everytime I see them, they make me sigh out loud - they are so beautiful.

Cathy said...

Lovely palm branch blocks - I've never seen those before!

Magpie Sue said...

Wow, those Alamo Stars are TINY! The palm branch blocks are looking good.

Sheila said...

I remember these palm blocks. Totally understand those RSC quilts that take two or three years to finish. I've had several of those, myself.

Rose Marie said...

I do love those palm branch blocks .... so effective.