Saturday, April 25, 2020

Scrappy Saturday


It's the last week of sewing blue scraps over at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I didn't make much progress on my ongoing RSC projects, but I was surrounded by blue all month with my various projects and I used up a lot of blue scraps in the Quiltville Unity mystery. These measure 1.5" so they finish at 1" in the quilt. So darn cute!



And here they are sewn into some of the sawtooth variation blocks I'm making for the part #3 Unity quilt border. Each little block has 21 pieces for a total of over 750 pieces for just this step of the mystery!



I have been sewing a few little shoo fly blocks because they are the perfect leader-ender project. 


Can you see the little HST behind the needle as I sew this row of Unity blocks together? And the Shoo Fly block pieces laid out on the pressing mat waiting to be sewn?

Here are the most recently sewn Shoo Fly blocks fresh off the ironing board. The block on the top left has a Y2K fabric in the centre,  (yes I still have some of that and it has to get used up) two blue fabrics from mask making leftovers, and an elephant print from a friend's scrap bag.

I'm also working on my 5th pandemic jigsaw puzzle. It's a challenging Ridley's puzzle that is mostly light blue pieces. I started by completing all the dog names.



And of course trying to finish my UFO of the month. I'm machine quilting this totally blue quilt, so I'm really getting my fill of blue this month!


Hop over to the RSC link up to see what the quilters are sewing with their blue scraps this week.


16 comments:

Angela said...

You are getting in LOTS of blue this month. The shoofly blocks are just so cute, I can't get enough of those elephants.

maggie fellow said...

funny how many other projects are blue - great progress

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Great projects in progress, lots of blue this month!

quiltingbydawn said...

Your blue scrap bin must have been overflowing (like mine) but now close to empty with all your fabulous blue projects!

MissPat said...

I had very few light blue scraps, so I mostly skipped this month. I am doing a few ticky tacky houses. Hoping to get outside in the garden today.
Pat

Deanna W said...

That is a lot of blue...but hope it isn't making you blue!!That is a crazy puzzle.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your sawtooth stars are sure pretty! I love blue and yellow together!

Mari said...

Lots of blue! Those shoo fly blocks are really good looking, and I love the sawtooth stars. They look quite cheery, which is just what we need right no.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good luck finishing your UFO. SEW much BLUE!!! :o))

Katie Z. said...

Your blues are fabulous!

grammajudyb said...

Lovely blues all around! There sure are lots of pieces in Bonnie’s patterns! I didn’t participate in the Unity quilt along! But it sure is awesome!

works4me said...

Great work on light/bright blue. I especially like your UFO of the month.

We have quite a few jigsaw puzzles - from years ago, from when we knew we were going to move to a condo from a house, and from my MIL's estate. (Hubby went there every week and worked on one with her.) We are about to start puzzle number 4 and are trying to alternate hard with relatively easy. The puzzle is on the dining room table so there goes "eating fancy once a week". :) Something else to look forward to when this is all over.

Deb A said...

You have been very successful with blues this month. Wishing you luck on your OMG.... I really should go look at mine and start it! Yikes it's the 25th already? Where did the month go?

Cathy said...

Oh, I love that Blue Arrowhead. I tried making a couple of blocks several years ago and didn't like the process then so they are now orphans. I sure do love the look, though.

We used to put together a puzzle every Christmas holiday season when the kids were younger. Even did a couple of 3D ones. I guess it has been a looooooong time since I worked on a puzzle. Might have to start the Christmas tradition again.

Jenny said...

Lots of lovely blue, and such pretty stars!

Kate said...

Love your stars for Unity! Very pretty blues across the board and lots of progress.