Friday, April 10, 2020

Stitch Medicine

On the design wall today is a major quilting accomplishment.

Frolic meets Unity
This is the top left corner of Frolic, all trimmed and stay stitched along the edge. There are a lot of bias seams, so the stitching helps to keep the edge from stretching and becoming wavy.
This section has 4 full blocks, 4 half blocks, 15 sashing units, and 1 quarter block. It's so much sewing, but I absolutely love it! I love every minute of working on it and that is what I need right now. 

I am sewing the Unity blocks in between as leader/ender pieces. Round #2 is cut from these stash fabrics. Apparently green is entering the quilt in this round... perhaps because I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of spring! I am ready to sew quilt blocks over this glorious 3 day, "stay in the quilt studio and sew" weekend. 


Quilting brings me joy, and joy is medicine, so I'll take a big bucket full please! Although joy is not usually the theme for Good Friday and more appropriate for Easter Sunday, this year I need to go right to the theme of hope, resurrection, renewal and new life, as this past month has felt like a very long extended Good Friday if you know what I mean! 
Wishing some medicinal JOY for all of us... take a dose of some quilty medicine, and be safe and well!

6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

A nice (assembled) chunk of Frolic and the center of Unity on your design wall. Beautiful!!

Christine said...

Amen, Kathy.

Happy Quilter said...

Thank you for your inspirational post, Kathy. I really like your Frolic colors. Mine is finished and waiting in line at the quilters, but it's a really wild one! Have a blessed Easter.

cityquilter grace said...

yes a somber day but i too feel joy every day...for so many blessings...

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I like your frolic and how it is coming together--neat colors--
and I am adding a new color or two to my Unity one in the flying geese--I got the first 12 nearly done--thinking that was all I had to do for some reason before moving on to the next style block when I realized that there is a total of 56 flying geese--WHAT????? so far I have 36 done and have the third set of geese all cut out--but am still having issues with my rotary cutter--so yesterday I went online and ordered a different brand of cutter to see if different blades work better than the Olfa ones--even a new mat did not help--I have to even recut a 2" cut and it's got a new blade in--can't keep sewing like this--I will go crazy!!!!(cause my arm will give out with all the recutting!!)
Have a great Easter week end--
stay safe, luv, di

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Happy Easter!