Monday, April 20, 2020

Design Wall Monday

This is what is on my design wall this morning....the Quiltville Unity quiltalong project.

Again this week I was delighted to be able to use the blocks that were leftovers from the previous step. All those little 1.5" HSTs (finishing at 1") of the star points were bonus triangles from the round #2 flying geese. I didn't get all the blocks finished but I'm getting there. I will have to start cutting other scraps now since I've used up most of the extra HSTs.

sewing blocks for Unity part 3
I love this photo... it makes me happy to remember the hours of COVID19 angst that were soothed by making these little star blocks knowing that hundreds of other quilters around the world were sewing the exact same thing! 
You can see many wonderful photos on instagram: #unityquiltalong
I wasn't sure about adding another word to this quilt, but my friend Barbara suggested the word 'patience' and I am thinking about putting that across the top instead of star blocks all the way around.

Unity Quiltalong
Part 4 is posted today, so I am excited to see what we are sewing next! Thank you to the amazing Bonnie Hunter who is creating this project for us to enjoy. 
Linking up to Small Quilts.

8 comments:

quiltingbydawn said...

I love how your Unity quilt is turning out! What a great idea to put words in your quilt!

Nann said...

Courage, indeed -- a great personalization for this great design.

AnnieO said...

Looking very cute with all the stars. This will be a wonderful quilt to show what you were spending time on during these difficult days.

Kyle said...

Your quilt is looking great. Love the stars and, of course, the words.

audrey said...

Looking so good! Great piece for our current situation.:)

Kate said...

Love your version of Unity! The colors are fun and adding the word was a very inspired design choice.

Barb said...

I LOVE this! your lettering is great and perfect for our current situation.
Stay well and yes, have courage.

cityquilter grace said...

wonderful interpretation of 'unity'....love it