Thursday, April 16, 2020

Midmonth UFO Report

It's so hard to believe that April is half over. 
It has been a month since my office closed and we are working from home. In so many ways the time is crawling along at a painful snail's pace, and quilting is the only thing that makes it a bit more bearable.


Adding the border
My April UFO is finally at the quilting stage. I decided to add a border to the quilt top because while digging around in the stash for blue fabrics to make medical caps for my sister, I found a perfect border fabric. I was happy with how the borders went on especially with all the bias edges on this quilt.

The quilt was pin basted while I had a zoom meeting with some quilting friends. It's the only safe way to see friends in COVID times and we talked about our quilting projects, and our worries.

Let's quilt this thing!
Although some folks dislike the basting task, I find it meditational and spend the time thinking about some creative quilting designs I might want to try. Nothing came to me with this quilt. This quilt just wanted straight line quilting which is boring to quilt, but I guess that's what I'll be doing starting tomorrow.

9 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Straight lines will look great with that quilt.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

this quilt turned out pretty Kathy!

Betty the quilter said...

Throw some swirls in the quilting. Break up those straight lines.
Betty the quilter

Julierose said...

I enjoy both pin-and also thread basting...I just have to do it in short spurts with my back problem...but that's ok--we have a ton of time now don't we?
Nice flimsy finish...~ ~ ~ waving on a windy day Julierose

Jenny said...

Mmm, blue and white or maybe cream? Always a winning combination.

Louise said...

When the quilt tells you what it wants for quilting, you just have to believe it! This piece is really shaping up into a pretty one :)

Sarah said...

I do love this quilt block and the little bit of border I can see does look like the perfect edge! Glad you got some time in chatting to your quilt friends. We are all in the same boat, just waiting it out and I look forward to normality on the other side. Stay safe.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's going to be SEW pretty! Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. Best of luck on meeting your goal!

Kate said...

Love all those blues! It's a gorgeous quilt. Very good progress on the UFO, that has to feel good.