Sunday, December 31, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching New Year's Eve

Welcome to the last Slow Sunday Stitching link up for 2017! It has been another wonderful year of being inspired by your beautiful hand stitched projects each Sunday. I thank you for sharing your blog posts, and for every encouraging comment you took the time to write to another stitcher over the course of the year.



Not much hand stitching has been going on here over the holidays. There has been a lot of game playing, jigsaw puzzling, cooking, and visiting. I did have a bit of time to finish the hand applique on block #34 for my Blockheads project. The front door is a little wonky but I like it that way. 


As a follow up to the December saga of trying to knit earbud pouches for my nieces and nephews, I totally abandoned the project and was bailed out by my friend Wendy. These are the pouches she knit for me to give to my family. They were a big hit and some day I'm going to learn how to make them myself!


The last of my holiday visitors are leaving to travel home today, so I will have some time to relax, to stitch, and to visit your blogs and see what projects you are stitching on this last day of 2017. 
Happy New Year!

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

18 comments:

Lyndsey said...

The slightly wonky door adds character to the house. Thank you for your slow stitching link party as it has certainly made me slow down and get some hand stitching done. I'm looking forward to doing more in 2018 and enjoying see the amazing work of everyone who links up.

julieQ said...

Kathy, I am headed off to work, as I work a lot of weekends at the hospital, so I usually miss your link up! Happy New Year, is my message to you, though...here is to an amazing new year!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Your wonky door is cute and Wendy is a wonderful friend! Happy New Year!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Happy New Year to you Kathy - love stitching with you every Sunday

Ellen said...

Wendy is a keeper...what a wonderful friend! Wishing you all the best in 2018. :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

I like the funky door! Very nice of Wendy to hall you out with your gifts! I’m sure the recipients were grateful! Happy New Year!

SandraC said...

Thanks for hosting every Sunday, and Happy New Year!

Created by Kathi said...

Happy New Year and I love those ear bud cozies... I am glad your friend could complete them for you :) Kathi

Deb A said...

What a great friend and that door on the house makes the block! Happy New Year to you.

Sherrie said...

Hi Kathy,
Love the wonky door, gives the house character. Thanks for all the inspiration this past year. Looking forward to 2018 Slow Stitching. Have a great New Year!

Sarah said...

Thanks for the last year of slow Sunday stitching. Here's to 2018! Hopefully it will be a happy, healthy and productive new year for you!

Deb said...

Love that wonky door, how wonderful to have such a friend in Wendy. I wish you a safe and Happy New Year.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I love your little house on the hill--so cute! Have a Happy New Year!

Suzanne said...

I like a wonky door! Thank you for hosting this link up for 2017. I have been inspired by the creativity of some many women. Happy New Year.

Zenia Rene said...

What an Awesome friend you have in Wendy! Thanks for the linky. Happy New Year!

Kate said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with the family. Hope you got to enjoy some slow stitching this afternoon and decompress a bit. Have a very Happy New Year.

Dar said...

Happy New Year to you and your family. So glad you had a nice visit with your company and now can relax with some slow stitching. I'm off to do a little myself as I welcome in the new year. My favorite stitching is sewing the final bindings on quilts. Hope you have a great 2018 and get in lots of hand sewing hours. Thanks much for offering the link up each week. Hope to link up more often in 2018.

Barbara said...

Hi! Coming in here through the back door (Carol's "Beads and Birds" blog). I don't have a blog to link these days, but I follow a few besties. I just have to comment on the ear bud holders, genius! I am so annoyed by how often I need my ear buds and find them hopelessly tangled, grrrrr. I used to knit non-stop and would make this if my arthritic hands would allow. Do you know anywhere I might purchase one, perhaps Etsy? Btw, that off-kilter door is perfect! 😻