Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Boxing Day

Well, Christmas has come and gone for another year. All that activity is over now. All the shopping, cleaning, wrapping, cooking, and visiting is done. Well, except for the fabric shopping... that activity continues all year round!
When I went shopping in search of a sashing fabric for my Grinch project, I did find the perfect fabric for the sashing AND the binding.  
Total deliciousness!

But uh oh... while at the quilt store, I fell in love with a new project. I just had to buy this Christmas present from me... to me 
I love this Kim Diehl Simple Christmas Tidings book and the Twinkle Trees table topper pattern. I bought the book and the beautiful fabric kit that the Quilter's Nine Patch store put together because their sample quilt was gorgeous. 



You know you're a quilting addict when a lovely pile of fabric makes you this happy!
If you need me, I'll be in the sewing room... ALL day! Sew happy!

Do stop by the blog tomorrow for the first in a 3 part series about bags.

14 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Kim Diehl has beautiful patterns. The fabrics are going to make a lovely quilt. Looking forward to viewing your progress. I'm enjoying reading your early morning posts while I sip my early morning cup of coffee before heading out to the barn. Happy stitching today!

Unknown said...

Have you seen the little poster that says -- "I like to party, and by party I mean stay home and sew". Isn't that hilarious?! But true. Very true.

Mary said...

Lol, I like Kim Deihl, too. I won't be shopping for any fabric today. I only need to go out and find me a New lighted Christmas Tree. The roads are snowy, so I won't be out too early.

Kate said...

What a fun gift! Hope you get to enjoy lots of stitching time today!

Louise said...

Very pretty! I completely understand why you are doing the happy dance in your sewing room :)

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Lovely fabrics, I can see why you just had to let it come home with you!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty pattern and sometimes others put together such pretty fabric bundles and are so much better at fabric selection than I am

AnnieO said...

Kim Diehl’s Simple series is a no-brainer when it comes to falling into fabric swoon and caving! Enjoy!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I have that book also and love the fabric selection - again my favorite colors! Enjoy your posts! You are always a busy lady.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Could you make me young again so I can keep up with you???? LOL - Happy New Year.

Lyndsey said...

Fabulous fabric and the book looks great. I'm hoping to get busy with some sewing since half my guests have now gone home. I loved having them visit but it was just such a busy holiday.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I have been eyeing her fabric and a book or two for awhile now.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

How you keep up with all of your projects always amazes me :)

I need to go GOOGLE "Boxing Day" now :)

Janet O. said...

You treated yourself very well on Boxing Day. Kim Diehl is a favorite of mine, as well!