Monday, December 11, 2017

Mystery Link Up Step #3

Today is the Quiltville mystery link up - click here to see all the wonderful mystery quilts in progess.
I did a bit of sewing on the clue #3 pieces over the weekend while watching The Crown on Netflix. I was sewing the blocks on Ethel, a short bed 301 Singer machine which makes a beautiful stitch, but refuses to wind a bobbin. I sewed until the bobbin ran out!


some step #3 units
Although I sewed right through season #1 of The Crown, one bobbin was not enough thread to get anywhere near the required number of units for step #3 of the mystery. That's okay.... my schedule is getting busier with Christmas approaching, so I probably won't be able to keep up with the steps from now until after the holidays. But I will sew a few of each of the steps as they are posted.
To visit the Quiltville link up, click here.
To see more design wall postings, visit Small Quilts.

14 comments:

Turid said...

You've really done a lot, but clue 3 was a heavy one. I struggled a bit to get the blocks right size, but at last I did it. And now I have a little more than half of them done.

Kristin said...

I'm struggling to keep up, too! I have 30 left in clue #2 and only did about 12 of clue #3. If only I could take a day off of work. :/

Alison V. said...

Your units look great! I love the varying shades of gold you used!

Julierose said...

We are happy that the Crown is back on with a new season...we love this one, too. Your units are looking good...hugs, Julierose

Needled Mom said...

I won't be keeping up either with all the busyness here, but it is fun to sew a few here and there. Love your colors.

Marly said...

I like your choice of colour for the rectangles. I shall also be doing what I can each week, but don't expect to finish all the clues in one week.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Love your colours too. And isn't The Crown wonderful!

Vickie said...

Love your colors! I have 4, all different 301's and love them. Happy quilting!

Deb A said...

You are doing great! I got 2 done for step 2.... 2 total! Have not started step 3. I think I need to spend a few evenings in the sewing room catching up.

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Very nice units!

Mary said...

Pretty Part 3 Parts! It's going to be fun to see the variations of color this year. I have strips cut, looking for my Essential Triangle tool. Oh My where could it be???

WiltedQuilter said...

Ha Ha. Ethel was my mother's name. Maybe I will name my machine. . .

Jo said...

You are doing a great job. I hope to get some of part 3 done this coming weekend..

Lisa in Port Hope said...

Congrats on getting as far as you did. I've watched the first two episodes of season 2 of the crown, it's so interesting to see the relationships develop although some of the political machinations are also fascinating.