Saturday, December 02, 2017

Early Christmas Gift


Look what I received from a dear friend to celebrate the advent season! This is a David's Tea advent calendar, which has a different flavour of tea to enjoy throughout the advent season. Each day has a little box to pull out that contains a tin of specialty tea. Day 1 tea was called "Let it snow" and was a delicious green tea with the taste and smell of cinnamon....YUM! 


Yesterday I made a big cup of tea in my snowman mug. See how it has a removable hat which you can keep the tea bag in, or use to keep your tea hot while sewing flying geese blocks for the Quiltville mystery.



The tea for Day 2 for today is a chocolate macaroon tea which does not appeal to me since I don't really enjoy coconut, so it went home with my daughter for her to enjoy.
I wonder what's in the tea box for day #3 tomorrow?!?

11 comments:

Debbie said...

What a fabulous gift! And look at those cute little tins you'll have after the holidays to keep buttons or any little bits & bobs organized. LOVE this!

Chris said...

I love green tea and the chocolate macaroon sounds delicious.

Deanna W said...

Going to work on the flying geese this week. I love the tea advent calender, what a great idea!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what a great gift - I like green tea but have not had one that had a taste of cinnamon in it. I grew 3 mint plants all summer and now have containers full of it for all winter plus those that I buy of green and ginger.

Janet O. said...

What a fun idea! I just do herbal teas, but I recently placed an order with Stash Tea, and then for my birthday my oldest son gave me a bag full of a variety of organic herbal teas. I had to clean out a drawer to store all of the tea. If you need refills for your little drawers, let me know. :)

SandraC said...

I love it! Will look forward to hearing what all the rest of the flavours are🙂

Barb said...

what a nice advent calendar - yum

Angie in SoCal said...

Wonderful gift. Congratulations.

Preeti said...

What a wonderful gift. And it is so pretty too :-)
enjoy!!!

Kate said...

What a fun idea for an Advent calendar.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I wouldn't like the coconut, either. I wish I'd known about this a month or so ago. My daughter in law would love something like that.