Saturday, December 09, 2017

Scrappy Saturday




It's the finishing time of year over at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. There are many half finished scrappy projects sitting around here and they need to move along towards becoming a finished quilt. Some of them have been sitting around a long time and not turning themselves into finished quilts!! What's with that?!?!


This past week I've focused on completing the ninth/last Mad City Mama block using lime green scraps. The strip blocks and the 25 patch blocks are sewn together. The next step is to make a centre block and finish sewing on the light triangle corners.



I have also made some progress on my UFO of the month which is a long term RSC project. The backing was sewn together from 2 pieces of yardage, and pin basting has begun. I am motivated to get the basting job finished quickly because it ties up all my table space.
Hop on over to the RSC linkup to see more projects being completed this week.

16 comments:

Deanna W said...

Look at you go. I am also sewing away the days till Christmas. Working on a gift for a certain little person!Then it will be back to Bonnie's mystery!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I love your greens! I have way too many unfinished projects over here as well. I made progress on some, but there are still many to go.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think every little bit of progress counts! The basting part is bever my favorite, but before you know it, you'll be quilting!

Vicki said...

Haha - what a great meme! That quilt is fantastic!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

My large quilt guild had a challenge a few years ago. We were supposed to list all UFO's that were at least 100 inches (binding wise). I listed 3 pages of those projects. Most of those are still UFO's.

piecefulwendy said...

That meme has me giggling. You're making grand progress! I love the green blocks!

Mari said...

I laughed out loud at your little meme picture there! Who couldn't say the same thing? Love your lime greens!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Pretty lime green!!! and I like the quilt that you are getting ready to quilt! Please add me to Julie!!!!!

Sally Trude said...

Your greens are delightful. Your basting system looks much more peaceful and relaxed then mine...I'm a bit envious.

PaulaB quilts said...

At first glance I thought you had dumped dirt on your quilt. Where is my quilter brain? It's going to be a great finish. Keep up the good work!

AnnieO said...

I agree with the meme! Can’t seem to make decisions about what to work on and keep getting distracted. Good on you for attacking the piles.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Pin basting? I don't envy you that task!!

Cathy Tomm said...

Love the lime green. Good to get the pin basting done then you can move on to quilting.

Deb A said...

Love seeing those knots progressing. Good progress on MCM too! I have to iron a backing and then pin my blossom quilt....maybe tonight. We will see.

Karen said...

Greens. You certainly have much more lighter and brighter greens than I have in stash.

Katie Z. said...

Your projects look lovely!