Friday, December 22, 2017

Mysteries Galore


Yesterday I posted about the Magnolia Mystery, and today step #5 is posted for Quiltville's On Ringo Lake. And here's yet another mystery I have gotten myself into. How could I possibly resist a project that combines three of my favourite things... hand embroidery, quilting, and mystery projects!?
One of my favourite designers Gail Pan is hosting the "i stitch club" which provides new embroidery patterns each month with a mystery layout at the end of the year.

The embroidery is finished on my "Life is Beautiful" project, with only the hand quilting and quilt construction remaining, so I needed another embroidery project. 
It's the perfect treat to give to myself for Christmas!
If you want to join us, hop over to the i stitch club webpage and treat yourself! 
Yes I am encouraging you to start a new project! It's a new year coming, and what could be better than filling up your life with lots of relaxing hand stitching?!? 

8 comments:

SandraC said...

So tempting! I love BOM's, love mysteries...but I'm only half done my Life is Beautiful, so I'll have to think about it.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Sounds like a fun BOM but I'm already working on embroidery from her books. I'll stick with this project and just try to get finished sometime this year. Hopefully by November 2018 I'll have the pincushions and needle books ready to give away.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I just cannot get into sewing hexies by hand, but I am designing a new Scrap Dance mystery for January. I have Cheryl's steps and I haven't even started that yet, LOL!!

Linda said...

Mysteries are fun. I haven't tried hand sewn hexies yet but it is on my list to give it a go. I am following a mystery quiltalong with the PEI Modern Quilt Guild. It has the choice of sizes in traditional or modern style. So far I am keeping up.

SandraC said...

Well...I've gone ahead and signed up!....What is wrong with me???? lol

Janet O. said...

I love Gail Pan designs, but I let bring myself get buried any deeper in UFOs! I will enjoy seeing your work on her designs.

Kate said...

Looks like a fun stitch along. I'll just have to enjoy watching your version come together. Next year is going to be the year of the UFO at my place.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

OK Kathy! I have decided you are a bad influence on me! I finally joined the mystery with Gail Pan. I am so far behind on anything since 2014 what is another project! LOL. There is one more that I want to order and it is Down the Rabbit Hole, but then I know I will have gone nuts!!!!!

Love your posts!