Thursday, December 21, 2017

Magnolia Mist Update




Happy winter solstice! This is the shortest day and the longest night of the year. What better way to pass the time than to do some sewing?!?


The layout for the Meadow Mist's mystery quilt called Magnolia Mystery was posted last week. I have been working on my blocks and here they are on the design wall. It's not a good photo, taken without day light, which is most of the time now! But you get the idea. Seeing the blocks on the design wall has given me lots of ideas of possible layouts, and as soon as all the blocks are sewn, I will have some fun moving everything around and seeing what I can come up with.

We have until mid February to complete the quilt for the reveal parade!




I needed 2 more full blocks and one more partial block. In my rush to get the last partial block finished, you can probably guess what happened.

One of these things is not like the other!  

The faster you go, the behinder you get!
Where's the seam ripper??

I should, of course, be wrapping presents, but the wrapping table is in the same room as my sewing machine, which keeps calling me to come and sew a little more!

13 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I've been enjoying your daily posts. I like the colors you've used in Magnolia Mystery and look forward to seeing what layout you come up with. Happy stitching!

piecefulwendy said...

I have two of my blocks done, and I'm dragging my feet on finishing (not sure why). I think I'll work on them today. I like the colors in your blocks! Will be fun to see what layout you choose!

Kate said...

Happy Winter Solstice, Kathy.
Magnolia Mist is such a pretty name for a quilt - enjoy making yours.

Pat said...

I love your blocks!!! Can't wait to see the final layout....

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

The yellow really pops your flowers. Nice job!

Kate said...

Your blocks turned out beautifully! I hear you about the wrapping present stuff. The wrapping space in my house is the cutting table. I decided this year to use bags for a lot of the gifts. Makes them much easier to pack in the car.

Needled Mom said...

Those are gorgeous.

Janet O. said...

Oh, the frustrations of finding that once again haste made waste!
My wrapping table is in my sewing room, too, but I have actually been able to wrap presents without getting TOO distracted--most of the time. :)

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Very Nice and I too love the colors! Bet that yellow will really pop in this quilt!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I went to the blog and really do like this quilt. It is simple and yet so pretty.

Robin said...

That yellow really sparkles in this quilt. You've made some lovely fabric decisions in these blocks.

Deanna W said...

I am almost packed to go to my daughter's and everything else is done! But I keep resisting the temptation to go and sew.I will finish all the packing tonight and then will be able to sew tomorrow once the next mystery clue has been revealed. I still have a bit of clue 4 to finish though.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Lovely! And I really like your controlled fabric combos in this too.