Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas! 
Christmas just happens to fall on Design Wall Monday this year, and I revived an old UFO tradition and put my Grinch project on the design wall. The fabric was purchased at Keepsake Quilting in 2011 while on a trip with my friends to Quilt festival in Vermont. Click here to see it the first year in 2011, click here for 2012, and here for 2014. And then it was M.I.A. for a few years. I had to really go digging in the UFO closet and wow, it was deep in there. Here it is revived once again. At some point these blocks were sashed and sewn together. But there are other blocks in the project box, so I'm not sure what I was planning?  



I wonder when this project might become a quilt?!? LOL
I still love the fabric because it has such happy childhood associations and it makes me smile. 

Were you on the naughty list or the nice list this year? Did Santa bring you some quilting presents?




This is me being an elf at a Christmas lunch with my quilting friends... yes, we are willing to be crazy in a public place and have FUN! 
Wishing you a special day of making wonderful memories with family and friends! 
Merry Christmas everyone!

**Link up #9 from yesterday won the draw for the Slow Sunday Stitching Christmas present. That's you Chantal... congrats!

17 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Merry Christmas! Have a blessed day with your family. Maybe it's time to just finish the Grinch quilt at the size it is and get it off the UFO list.

Brigitte said...

Merry Christmas!
I love your blog and your quilt projects and am looking forward to following you next year.

Kate said...

Merry Christmas Kathy!
Your Grinch quilt is so cute - a fun project for sure.

piecefulwendy said...

I have loved the story of the Grinch since I was a kid. None of my family likes it, so if I'm going to watch it, I have to do it when I'm alone. Haha. My nephew gave me a Grinch mug last year; it would be perfect with your quilt! I look forward to seeing your Grinch quilt again next year! I must've been a little good, since my daughter gave me a little toy sewing machine she found in an antique store. I love it! Merry Christmas!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Merry Christmas Kathi I hope you and your family have a wonderful day.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Actually Kathy, you look great in those glasses! What a pretty smile.
Merry Christmas to you.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, Kathy!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Merry Christmas Kathy!

AnnieO said...

Adorable photo, Kathy! I love the Grinch quilt-to-be 😁🎄🎄Have a merry Christmas!

Louise said...

Merry Christmas, Kathy! May the hearts of all Grinches grow THREE times today!

QuiltGranma said...

Merry Christmas Kathy! My quilting gift this year is 2 king size SILK quilt batts! My niece and her husband are buying a house from his aunt and uncle who moved to California with what they wanted and left the kids to clean out what was left. Auntie's a quilter, left these battings behind, and I was the lucky recipient! Wishing you all a blessed Christmas and a Pieceful new year!

swooze said...

Merry Christmas!!

Janet O. said...

You look stunning in your cardboard tiara and specs. :)
I must have been on the nice list, though I don't know why. But Santa was very good to me.
Is the project big enough to be a lap quilt as is? You could just quilt it and use the other blocks for pillows to gift next Christmas. Who doesn't love a Grinch in the house at Christmas time?

Chantal said...

Whoohoo! Thank you so much Kathy. I'm so happy. BTW love your glasses; the ears not so much. ;^)

Angie in SoCal said...

Merry Christmas, Kathy.

Kate said...

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

That is a cute Grinchy quilt. I hope you can finish it in the coming year to use next year. Maybe a wall hanging so you don't have to add too much?