Friday, December 23, 2016

'Tis the Season

Keep Calm

Life has just been so busy this week, which is probably the same for everyone who celebrates Christmas. Work is stressful with long hours, and there are just not enough minutes in the day to do everything I wish I could do to prepare for Christmas. 

Here's a little screenshot from my computer...it says 
Help... Inbox (1564 messages, 168 unread). 
I still have to read all of those messages and respond to most of them. I try not to feel like I'm drowning in information management. I know lots of people feel that way, but it seems more excessive at this time of year. 
Christmas To Do List

I remind myself that everything that needs to get done, will get done. If it doesn't get done, it wasn't really necessary after all. 
What I really want to do is quilt, because it calms me down. 
What I will do is shop, wrap presents, get groceries, cook, wash dishes, clean, and cook some more. When all the work is done there will be time for visiting with friends and family, and then maybe some time for quilting. Quilts can wait.

11 comments:

Frances Meredith said...

Season's Greetings - thanks for sharing your stitching on your blog.
Have a great 2017!

Deanna W said...

Merry Christmas Kathy....don't forget to BREATHE!!! It sure is a busy time of the year but just remember in a little over a week it will be over and you can get back to sewing! Hugs friend!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like someone doesn't keep up with reading email LOL - I read my mail every morning, afternoon, and evening - I guess I am addicted but that way it gets read and I don't need to take hours to do it. Merry Christmas to you!

Barbara said...

Love your list, and Merry Christmas! My family (all adults, no grands) gave up the gift exchange a few years ago. It sure does make for a lot less stress. Instead, we spend a weekend together at some point during the coming year. There's still plenty to do, but getting rid of the stress and expense of shopping has made a big difference in my outlook.

Janet O. said...

Perfect Christmas list, Kathy!
Don't worry about answering my emails. Just take a few deep breaths instead! : )

Monica said...

Happy Christmas, Kathy!

Raewyn said...

Perfect sentiments for the season. Have a very merry Christmas, Kathy.

Pam said...

your list is just what I needed! Blessings to you.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That revised Christmas Bucket List is THE BEST!!!

Missy Shay said...

I put my quilting on hold right now also. Have a merry Christmas!

Kate said...

Have a Merry Christmas!