Friday, December 16, 2016

Circa 2106 is Finished in 2016!

Circa 2016 blocks

In January I started a mystery quiltalong hosted by Temecula quilts. Every Friday a new block pattern was posted on their blog and eventually this pile of blocks was created. It's magical the way a pile of fabric scraps can become a pile of carefully constructed blocks.

And even more magical, is when that pile of blocks becomes  a quilt top

But what is even almost miraculous, is when that quilt is finished within the same year in which it was started!
And here is the finished miracle quilt hanging on my friend's clothesline.
Finished size: 41.25" x 49.25" 

There wasn't an official link up to see other finished quilts, so here are some that I have found in blogland:
Deanna, Karen,  Randy (with an hourglass border instead of the HST) and Joanne (her Circa 2016 grew into a huge quilt). If you know of others, leave a link in the comments and I'll add them.
Thank you again to Temecula for all the fun this year in making this scrappy quilt ... I just love it! The pattern can be purchased here.

22 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations on getting Circa to a flimsy (mines in a box for next year). And thank you for sharing the links to others - oh my Joanne's large Circa was amazing!

Ariane said...

Congrats on the amazing finish!! Your quilt is beautiful! I love it!!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Wow! Wonderful finish, Kathy! I love this quilt!

Jill said...

Very nice. Congrats on a timely finish! Thanks for finding and sharing the other challenge completions.

SandraC said...

Beautiful! I didn't realise how small this quilt is...even more impressive!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

congratulations on the beautiful finish! :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wonderful quilt!! I like the variety in it

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wow, awesome work!!

piecefulwendy said...

All that work really paid off; what a beautiful quilt! Wendy at piecefulthoughts@gmail.com

Jo said...

It is lovely and especially because it is finished... fantastic

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great job! Congrats!

Deanna W said...

You are well ahead of schedule...your "2106 done in 2016" haha!!!
You have two Deanna's following your blog...great but I am the northern blog stalker!!! Great finish too!!

Missy Shay said...

It turned out great!

Amy said...

Round of applause, Kathy! It's a wonderful quilt, and inspires us to get it done!

Janet O. said...

Kudos to you, Kathy, for staying with it and wrapping it up in the very same year. I can understand why you call it a miracle quilt! It is a beautiful quilt, too!

karen said...

That turned out fabulous!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Thanks for the shout out Kathy! It is a kind of a miracle that we started and finished in the same year--that doesn't happen too often--lol! I have my top on my HQ16 and have been working on it when I have time, so I may actually completely complete Circa 2016 by the end of the year--that really would be a miracle!

Mary said...

Mine will most likely be a finish in 2017. I have a grandbaby Quilt to get ready for her Delivery 28 December. #7 Granddaughter is scheduled to arrive!
I love how yours looks hanging there.

Frances Meredith said...

Well done. Do you have a similar project set up for 2017?

Joanne said...

Your quilt turned out beautifully!!

Karen said...

Now that is a quilt that could come live at my house. I am wishing I had made the blocks.

Kate said...

Congrats on a gorgeous finish!