Friday, December 02, 2016

More Machine Quilting

Since I decided my Circa 2016 quilt must be finished in the year 2016, it has really lit a fire under me to get going on machine quilting. I am also machine quilting my Votes for Women UFO, so I have two different projects on the go and I can switch back and forth depending on the type of quilting I feel like doing each time I sit down at the machine.
I am starting the quilting in the centre of the quilt as I always do. The quilting will just be stitch-in-the-ditch, which I don't do very often any more because it is boring. But there are so many seams on this quilt to quilt through, and I want it to be a quick finish, so I am tolerating the boringness :) And also it is a wonderful break from the intense machine quilting I am doing on my UFO of the month. 

18 comments:

swooze said...

Stitch in the ditch for just the center or the entire quilt?

SandraC said...

This is a truly beautiful quilt!

Sue said...

I'm waving the cheerleader pompoms for you!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looking forward to seeing the finish

LES is More said...

The boringness is what Netflix or talking books is for! Watch "The Crown" on Netflix--great show.

Teresa in Music City said...

My goodness yes, sew-sew-sew!!!! How fun it will be to have that finish this year!

Deanna W said...

I think the stitching in the ditch is going to make those little blocks just pop! Quilting two at a time...you're my hero! Just thinking about machine quilting send a shiver down my spine!! not my fav!

Monica said...

It looks great, Kathy. What beautiful fabrics you have there!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Listen to an audio book while quilting. I use my headphones, so that I don't have to crank up the sound as loud (and they help block out the machines motor).

Needled Mom said...

It looks so nice already!

Janet O. said...

When you just do ditch stitching, do you go along each seam within the block, or on these small blocks do you just outline the block itself?
Exciting to see this one getting wrapped up!

Angie in SoCal said...

Sometimes, when I'm doing SITD - I decided at the beginning to make them wavy lines and out goes the boringness. Look forward to seeing them finished.

Robin said...

The quilt looks great. Good idea to have two going at once so you don't get bogged down.

Missy Shay said...

Stitch in the ditch is perfect for this quilt, the piecing will stand out more.

Miaismine said...

Congratulations on your Circa finish! It looks lovely! Thank you for sharing!

the girlfriend gap said...

Kathy if you wouldn't mind I could use a little instruction on stitching in the ditch.... Do you stitch to the side of the seam a bit or right on the seam? Some say not to stitch on the seam . When I stitch to the side of the seam a bit it seems hard to make it look nice. Thank you . Janita

Kate said...

Looks like you are making lots of progress. Two finishes by the end of the month?

Jennie in GA said...

Just love this quílt!