Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas Slow Sunday Stitching

This is the last link up of 2016 for the Slow Sunday Stitchers! Didn't the year go by so fast?
Do you have a favourite hand stitched Christmas decoration that you get out every year to enjoy again? This is my most treasured cross stitch that I made in 1992. It has symbolic meaning for me and every year when I pull it out of the box of Christmas decorations I am delighted to see it again. So many memories are stitched into our projects.
Do you have some hand made Christmas stockings? These are our favourite Christmas stockings that were knitted by my Mom. She made a stocking for everyone in our family for a total of over 20 stockings. Each one is slightly different and has the person's name on the top. The only problem is that these stockings are so big that Santa has to put a lot of stuff in there to fill them. The kids love that, the parents... not so much!!
The stockings are all filled up now and waiting for the kids to wake up. They are photographed on my Christmas quilt, which is called "Deckade the Halls" and was a quiltalong from the Fat Quarter Shop in 2013 (free pattern still posted here!)
Making hand stitched gifts is a labour of love and is practiced by people who value the benefits of the slow stitching process. I'm so glad to have met each one of the stitchers in our Slow Sunday Stitching community and to be connected through blogland.  A big thank you to each blogger who links up on Sundays to share hand stitched projects with us. 
Christmas Blessings

I am wishing each of you a wonderful holiday surrounded by the people you love. And of course I wish you lots of stitching time! Link up your blog post below and share your favourite hand stitched decorations and/or what you are working on during this busy holiday season.


   
    An InLinkz Link-up
   

12 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Merry Christmas, Kathy! :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Merry Christmas Kathy - hope you have a great time with your family today and of course take a few slow stitches!

Angie said...

Merry Christmas, Kathy! I hope you have a wonderful celebration!

SandraC said...

Merry Christmas!, and thanks for all the lovely reminders thru the year to appreciate our slow stitching time😀

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Merry Christmas, and wishing you a happy and healthy New Year.

Melody A. said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours! I wish you lots of joy and love and good health! from Iowa

moosecraft said...

Although I don't leave many comments... or link-up with slow Sunday stitching... I do read all of your posts and enjoy them very much! Many times I "hope" to join in on the Slow Sunday Movement... but, never get around to it. So, maybe 2017 I can make a conscious effort to slow down every Sunday and enjoy stitching along with you and your "linkers"! :-) Have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas!!!

The Cozy Quilter said...

You have built quite a wonderful community here! Thanks for all your encouragement every week. Merry Christmas!

Teresa in Music City said...

Merry Christmas Kathy!!! I did some hand stitching yesterday but no blog post to link up. My latest post shows the stockings I made for my son and his family last year. Hope your holidays are marvelous - see you 2017!!!

AnnieO said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours! I have so many cross-stitched Christmas items, but picked just a few to share. Enjoy your stitching time!

Suzanne said...

Thank you for hosting the Sunday Slow stitch. I have enjoyed being a part of it for most of 2016. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Kate said...

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas. Happy stitching in the New Year.