Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Quiltville Mystery Update

Step #3 was posted for the Quiltville mystery En Provence which was another 4 patch block to make, which is easy peasy sewing at this busy time of year. 
In this step we started cutting up some of our other colours. Most people are sewing purples this week, and I am sewing blues. I am wondering about that microdot blue that looks a little purplish. It might not make it into the final quilt, but we'll see how it all works out. 
Here are all my blocks made so far up to step #3. They are being stored in a recycled spinach container, which is a perfect size to store 3.5" blocks.
Hop over to the Quiltville link up to see the thousands of 4 patch blocks being sewn around the world this week!

10 comments:

Jo said...

The little purplish block is adding depth. Well done

Deanna W said...

I have to fit in time to get caught up. I did clue 1 but have fallen miserably behind. But as soon as the Christmas presents are all ready I will be at my sewing machine!

Alison V. said...

Those four patches look awesome! I love the shades of blues that you used and that you went with a "controlled scrappy" look! :) :) :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the blocks I have seen are beginning to intrigue me.

Needled Mom said...

I like the blues!

Mary said...

I like your blues! Lots of 4-patches and Tri-Recs on my agenda. Wondering what is coming up this next week? Most likely HSTS! Having fun spinning this year.

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Very pretty--I like the microdot; it adds some sparkle!

Aunt 'Reen said...

LOTS of beautiful little 4 patches and such a clever way to store them.
I look forward to seeing how your Mystery quilt turns out.

Kate said...

Very fun colors! I'm looking forward to seeing how all the different color choices work in this project.

Katie Z. said...

I love your colors!