Thursday, December 08, 2016

Aurifil Day!


It's Aurifil day today! 
Because guess what came in the mail for me? 
It came all the way from Milano, which is in Italy y'all!
And it's for ME! 
From Mr. Aurifil
I was making strange high pitched squealing noises opening this package... good thing no one was home to witness that embarrassing spectacle! Just look at all these gorgeous threads in the Pat Sloan collection! OMG! Only a fellow quilter would understand my excitement!

I received these threads just for participating in the monthly BOM this year and posting my photo on Pat's link up. I beside myself with this very generous gift and have to thank Pat Sloan our most wonderful host of Aurifil's BOM. She had to track down my thread which got lost somewhere, but she found it and here it is... safely under my care and in my house! Can you believe it? It's like Christmas came early, only Santa didn't get the memo that I'm really on the naughty list and brought me all this amazing thread by mistake. Don't tell him!

Sew...
I had to get to work making up Block #11 for my Aurifil block collection. The pieces have been cut and ready for a while and just sat there on the cutting table waiting patiently for attention. It didn't really interest me as much as the other blocks, so I had to focus to get it done but I really like how it turned out! The pattern is called Geese Tracks and is by Kim Niedzwiecki.

Here are all my blocks on the design wall. The photo is a little dark, but you get the idea... it's really RED! I'm sure I will sash the whole thing and put lots of neutral space in to calm it down a bit more.
You can access all of the block patterns at the Aurifil pattern page.

And FYI Aurifil has organized a design team and has already planned a 2017 project. It will be a colourwheel BOM and you can read more about it here. I'm sure it will be hard for me to resist again next year!

25 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Those threads are drool worthy!, congrats on winning. Nice blocks. I intent end to do this BOM but just never got to it. Maybe next year...

SandraC said...

I'm tempted to take part in this one next year! Maybe you can share the link info when the time comes, to remind us?

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Oh, what a lucky girl you are!! What a wonderful gift!

Ellen said...

Lucky you!!! Your blocks look really good.

legato1958 said...

Yay you!! What a great surprise!! And your blocks are so beautiful in the red and white!!
Susie

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for the heads up on next year's Aurafil BOM!! I may incorporate that into my Rainbow Scrap Challenge work.

piecefulwendy said...

My little heart is going pitter patter over those threads! The colors are amazing! I have not done a red and white quilt, but I really think I need to. Yours is looking really good! Wendy at piecefulthoughts@gmail.com

PatSloan said...

Thank you for sewing along with us and sharing your beautiful blocks!! I'm very partial to red and white and it's just perfect!! Enjoy my thread collection!

Jackie J said...

Well, that's nice surprise. Aurifil is my favourite thread to use!

Janet O. said...

I'd say that was well worth it--a block a month in exchange for that box of thread!! : )

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Congrats on the thread. The blocks look great!

Kath said...

Kathy, this is how it goes..

Dear Santa, I've been good all year. Okay, most of the time. Once in a while. Never mind, I'll buy my own fabric, threads, rulers, books.....

But if you get Aurifil as a present, better still!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a great win! I would be squealing, too! I love your red and white blocks. They make me want to sew with red and white, too!

Mary said...

Congrats! A Color wheel project is just right for you. Yes, Hard to Resist. I haven't done the Aurifil Blocks. The Thread is worth it! Might have to look at it next year.

Deb A said...

Congrats on the thread! I am sure when the 2 I ordered arrive I will be squealing too - and I have yet to try them! I can't wait. Your red blocks are lovely.... I can already picture some awesome hand quilting in that negative space.

Go-Go Kim said...

Kathy your blocks are AMAZING!!!! I love your red and white versions of my block! Thank you so much for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS on your winning the thread collection!

MissPat said...

What a wonderful prize. I love Aurifil thread. For SandraC and others interested in the 2017 BOM, you can sign up to follow the Aurifil blog where each month's block is revealed and the block designer is interviewed by Pat Sloan. Pat also promos the BOM on her blog.

Needled Mom said...

Oh FUN!!! The red and white looks awesome too.

Jo said...

I like all the reds together...

Deanna W said...

How exciting! I will have to keep a lookout for the next BOM!

Lisa J. said...

Oh you lucky ducky! I am very happy for you.

Kyle said...

What an awesome gift to receive. It's my favorite thread too.

Kyle said...

What an awesome gift to receive. It's my favorite thread too.

Sarah said...

Ooo so scrummy! I'm practicing my hand quilting with some. First time I've used aurifil.

Kate said...

Very fun mail, we all need packages like that occasionally. I love your red blocks.