Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Treadling on Tuesday



Max the treadling granddog is up to his old tricks again! My daughter took this picture on her iphone when I wasn't home. Max had put his food dish under the treadle, and you can tell by the look on his face that he knows he is not supposed to be there. I just love how his whole body is snuggled right up to the treadle! He is a real character.



When Max is not in control of the treadle machine, I have been working away on piecing these scrap strips. 
It's mindless and relaxing sewing, so I like to do a little each night before bedtime.




Today is Remembrance Day in Canada. We remember those who sacrificed their lives for our freedom.

11 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

He is adorable.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Max is so sweet under there. I can see his little brain working, if I put my bowl here this thing won't work and I will get lots of attention! LOL We are celebrating Veteren's Day here in the states. I am waiting for the light of day to hang my flag! I love sewing onto paper foundations too!

Ellen said...

He really is so cute!

Thinking of all of the lives lost to war is just so very sad. So many young men (and women) who never really had a chance to live. We really must remember....

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love that treadle - how sweet it is.
remembrance here today too - my family has quite a few that have or are currently serving -

Kay said...

Love seeing Max and your treadle! Makes me want to grab a project and sew on my treadle. Something I don't do often enough.

Joanie said...

Love your dog! I think he was just trying to tell you he missed you. I really want to know what type of treadle that is. Mine does not have a serial number on the front and the bobbing loads just like yours. wondering if it is the same. Joanie

Scrappy quilter said...

What a clever dog and so cute.

Mary said...

Yes, He knows where you'll be and wants to be nearby. If I only had a Treadle...sigh! This Tuesday I'm in too much of a hurry for that though. I have Lotto blocks to make and President's blocks and you know all those BOM's and BOW's on my agenda.

Deanna W said...

My new puppy loves to be in the sewing room with me...although she also like to eat anything on the floor, including straight pins!!
Max is sooo cute!

Kate said...

Maybe Max wants to learn how to sew too?

Missy Shay said...

He has made sure you won't be able to treadle with that bowl there!