Thursday, November 06, 2014

Treadled Scrappy Strips




I am making slow and steady progress on my treadled scrap quilt. I have several pairs of strips sewn together in pairs with black sashing of various widths added. I keep putting them on the design wall to see what it looks like so far and I am liking it, so I will just keep on doing what I'm doing.
I might sew three strips together and see what that looks like between the black sashing.
There are so many great fabric scraps and memories in this project!

13 comments:

julieQ said...

Kathy, that is just tooooo cool! I love it!!

Linda said...

Love what you are doing with your scraps. The black sashing works for me. Love it!

The Slow Quilter said...

It looks like it is coming along great, love the colors.

Julierose said...

I love how this is turning out--talk about using up all of your scraps..great! Hugs, Julierose

Needled Mom said...

That is such a great idea! It looks wonderful.

Janet O. said...

Seeing this, I am feeling guilty for throwing ANY scraps away--and I feel like I save most scraps. : )
This is going to be a wonderful record of fabrics used by you!

Cathy said...

I like your idea of varying the width of the scrappy strips, as well as the setting strips.

margaret said...

scraps turn into amazing quilts as you are doing here

Sheila said...

They look like fun. I plan to make crumb blocks during the RSC next year.

Diane said...

love it!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I am foundation piecing my small scraps too! I don't have near enough to put into a quilt yet. But I do love chain piecing them thru the machine. The best part is trimming them up! They just sparkle like jewels!

Teresa in Music City said...

I love it Kathy! So free and happy and joyful :)

Kate said...

Your project looks like a narrow stained glass window.