Monday, November 10, 2014

Design Wall Monday


I have started another project and it's all Lori's fault!Lori over at Humble Quilts hosts great quilt-alongs, and she is starting another one. 
Uh-oh.
"Hello. My name is Kathy and I admit that I am a quilt-along-aholic."
These are my step #1 pieces.

Many of these little 1.5" squares were from my scrap box so I didn't have to do much cutting. I sewed the squares on my old blue White to give it a workout. It sewed beautifully.

Abundance


These quilts are from Lori's previous quilt-alongs.

Cosmopolitan (Pink Lemonade)













I love each one of these quilts and can't wait to see how this next one turns out.
Mountain Trail
To see more design walls, hop over to Patchwork Times.

16 comments:

Kay said...

I can't resist Lori's quiltalongs either. I've completed part 1. Love your little quilts!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have a lot of little squares like that too - one day i will start to use them

Judy D in WA said...

LOL, I have a bunch of 4 patches that will be sewn into rows today. I love sew alongs! And Lori has such fun little projects.

Chantal said...

Lots of lovely fabric in this new project. Yummy! I am in too. Can't wait for Wednesday :^)

Scrappy quilter said...

Wish I had more hours in the day so I could do some of these too. Look forward to seeing the finished project.

Teresa in Music City said...

Me too Kathy! When is the monthly meeting? Do they serve coffee and doughnuts? I'll be there :*)

Janet O. said...

Look at you, with your units already made. They look so purdy! : )
Cut the squares for mine Saturday night. Maybe some stitching this evening will catch me up--if I can get my monthly budget done first. Yuck!

Sylvia said...

I love it when I can make a quilt from the scrap squares bag!

Ramona said...

I missed her post on her quilt a long. Thanks for sharing! Love all of your little quilts.

carla said...

Hi!!!! Looks like a fun start!!!! I might jump in for this fun!!!! Your quilts are very inspiring!!!!

Quilting Nonnie said...

Thanks for telling me about the mystery quiltalong! I love mysteries, but omigoodness, I do not have time for big quilts. I have plenty of my own to finish! I'm joining in. I have a box full of 1-1/2" squares. Fun for days!

Andee said...

Gonna need to check it out...looks like fun to me too!

Mary said...

I made my strips on Friday. It's so easy when we have our scraps already cut and sorted by size. I have only done the Pink Lemonade and Faithful QAL's. I'm with you being a Quilt-Along-atic

Teresa Rawson said...

I like that..."quilt-along-aholic!!!" It is scrappy, so it will be beautiful!

Monica said...

LOL! It's all LORI's fault, eh? Me, I blame all the magazine publishers for my bad behaviour. Once I've read the instructions, I'm a goner!

Kate said...

Enjoy the quilt along. That last quilt is so eye catching, I love it.