Tuesday, November 25, 2014

QPOM

The Quilt Pattern of the Month (QPOM by Jackie Syer) at my quilt guild this month is called "Mini Bonanza".

I am using up chunks of some deep stash for this one and am not quite sure yet what the colour scheme will end up being. There are two blocks in this quilt - one block has a pinwheel center and the other has a 4 patch center. This pattern was designed for 100 of each of these 6" blocks. I won't be making that many, but I have a good start on the pinwheel blocks. 


Here are the first dozen blocks up on the design wall today. 
I am hoping to make a lot of progress on these blocks before step #1 of Bonnie Hunter's Grand Illusion mystery starts on Friday and I get wrapped up in that new project.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Does deep stash = old stash? You've got a good mix of colors so far.

Deanna W said...

Traditional blocks look even cuter in 6" size. I am getting excited for the mystery to begin. I wasn't going to do it but have decided to do half the units and see what happens! Still have to pick out fabrics though...hmmm wonder if I have any laying around that needs to be used up and played with!!

Nell's Quilts said...

It's always amazing to see how different the blocks look depending on the background. Good start on the pinwheels.

Scrappy quilter said...

I love how your colors have come together.

Janet O. said...

That is no small task of 100 blocks each for a "mini" Bonanza! : )
I like the colors you have used so far. Red seems to be the cohesive thread to this point. Don't know if that is intentional, or just what the "deep stash" coughed up (BTW, I also still have some of those same fabrics).

Teresa in Music City said...

What a perfect way to use up that old, old stuff that you still can't bring yourself to get rid of! I love that term - "deep stash" - I've got to remember that!!!

margaret said...

love a pin wheel, trying to visualise your fabric stash as you seem to be delving in to it continually and always come up with just the right fabric