Looks like I can't get away from seminole piecing this week. I had been trying to finish the seminole borders on my Roll Roll Cotton Boll quilt and having a dickens of a time.
So I took a break from that project to work on my "Cascadia" mystery from Humble Quilts to work on part #3, and just try to guess what we were making?
That's right.... not one, but two seminole pieced strips!
I had all the squares ready and got to work sewing on Lucy (a long bed 301 Singer). She sewed these little 1.5" squares beautifully. Together Lucy and I sewed up a huge pile of scraps in this project - each of the seminole strips uses 59 squares cut at 1.5"!
I must also admit that a few swear words may have been said in the process... it was tricky to get those muslin triangles going in the right direction. Let's just say my seam ripper was well tested and I am happy to report that it is in perfect working condition.
But finally this step was completed and I put all the pieces of the mystery on the design wall.
My seminole rows are not as long as the previous rows sewn, so I hope that's the way it's supposed to be.
And I see at least one bright blue square that needs to be removed since it sticks out like a sore thumb!
To see more design wall postings, hop over to Patchwork Times.