Sunday, November 23, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching Joy

What do you need from your stitching time today? 
I had a frustrated sewing week with trying to attach some very challenging seminole borders on a large quilt. So today, I need something fun and easy to stitch. No math to figure out, nothing to match up, no decisions to make - just fun stitching.  So I plan to pick up some pumpkin seed blocks that I had already prepared. These blocks are cut at 4", so when 4 are sewn together they will finish at 7" in the quilt.




Here is the what the block collection looked like last month. In November I have been working on finishing some orange and blue blocks to add in.

I just love this little block with the snail background fabric... very fun! I'll finish this one today and applique a few more happy blue blocks.




May your slow stitching bring you much JOY and soothing medicine today.
And if you would enjoy having company while you stitch, Bonnie Hunter is hosting QuiltCam at 2pm - click here to join in.
Link up your hand stitching blog post below and share your project with us.






23 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

These are so pretty and coming along in variety and color...what a cheerful quilt it is going to be when finished.

Some cleaning, and cooking...contribution to a birthday party this afternoon...but in between some quilting for me! :)

Jo said...

I'm not linking up today but I have had a great day out at AQM with friends in Melbourne. I am so tired now

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

That's going to be a spectacular quilt when it's finished. I can see why working on it brings you joy.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Yes let's start the week with some relaxing stitching! Love stitching along with Bonnie!

Kate said...

It's going to be such a fun quilt. Enjoy your slow stitching time today.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Slow stitching is a wonderful way to decompress after a stressful week!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love your "pumpkin seeds" I always called that quilt pattern Joseph's Coat - I love how bright your colors are it looks like it is easier to applique the pieces to squares then to hand piece the whole thing like I did.

Denise :) said...

Kathy, are you doing needle turned applique on those? That's something I've always been afraid to try! The quilt will be gorgeous! :)

Jill said...

Love the scrapiness of the backfround fabrics on the pumpkin seeds block. It gives the sbtle interest.

Ellen said...

Your pumpkin seeds look so pretty together. I have to take care of a few chores this morning but I will definitely be doing some 'slow stitching' later today!

Teresa in Music City said...

Love your little snails too :) Those orange peel blocks are adorable and are going to make a really colorful quilt!

CathieJ said...

I love that snail fabric. So cute. Enjoy your stitching.

Julierose said...

Your orange peels are really coming out so well! I shoulda hada oughta had a plan with my hexies...hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

I just love your quilt. Makes me want to get my own started. I do love needleturn! But I better stick to my hexies for awhile. This idea is sure going on my bucket list.

audrey said...

A perfect day to slow down.:)

Sarah said...

I do love scrappy quilts and yours is looking beautiful!

Lisa J. said...

Thanks for spreading the joy Kathy and thanks for sharing a picture of your bright quilt today.

Edith said...

Pumpkin seed quilt is looking so good, and I love your new blue with snails block - delightful.

Stephie said...

I really enjoy needle turn appliqué - and this looks wonderful Kathy :) Such tiny pins you're using too!

Sue said...

You are making great progress and it looks lovely! Have to agree with you on the cute snail fabric. I'm looking forward to visiting all the other slow stitchers. Thank you so much for making it possible!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your snail fabric as well...so sweet.

Janet O. said...

Such happy looking pumpkin seed blocks! I am so impressed that you have become a proficient at needle turned applique! : )

Jennie in GA said...

Fun project....nice progress.