Monday, January 04, 2021

Design Wall Monday

It's pink month at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge so I decided to start off 2021 with a pink UFO. This project is the combination of 2 improv classes in 2016. It's been waiting a while to be finished and it's time has come! Right now it is just a bunch of pink and white strip sets that need to be sewn to the centre quarter log cabin blocks. It's a bit too much pink even for me, so I'll be happy to finish this for a donation quilt.

It's a big goal to get this to become a finished quilt by the end of the month, but it's January so I'm aiming high!
Hop over to One Monthly Goal to see what other quilters are hoping to finish in January. 
Also linking up to Design Wall Monday.

8 comments:

Ivani said...

It is girly , and a girl will love it.
Good luck with your goal for January.

Kaisievic said...

I can see that it is going to be a very pretty quilt when you are done.

Jeanne said...

Ooooh I like the improv-ness!!! Go Pink!

Julierose said...

I really like this Improv piece a lot--especially that pop of gold fabric in there. Looks like a fun piece to work on. will you hand quilt ? It seems (seams hahaha) to be begging for big stitchery...just sayin' Hugs from the Isolation Ward=our house!! :() Julierose

Janet O. said...

You can do it, Kathy! Pink has never been my favorite color, so it is a lot of pink. But someone who can never get enough pink will absolutely love it. :)

Deanna W said...

Woooo that is a lot of pink but some little girl will love it!! You have the whole month to go...you can do it!

Rebecca Grace said...

I love all the energy from those pink stripes! It looks like "Girl Power" to me. Happy New Year!

Angela said...

Fabulous pink UFO to cross off the list. What a fun collection of piecing.