Monday, January 25, 2021

Design Wall Monday

Great progress is being made on my version of the Grassy Creek mystery. I have all the block components prepared and am sewing the rows together. The top half of the quilt is sewn together, and this is the bottom half of the quilt on the design wall. 

I do not plan to add the grey strip pieced outside border (although I do think it makes a great frame for the quilt design) as the quilt is already the size it needs it to be.

It is so thrilling when the blocks join together well, especially at the angle joins like this section. Not all of my seams are well done, but when it falls into place, I do a happy dance!

Here is a photo of sewing the rows together. You can see the pink easy breezy leader-ender block to the right of the needle ready to get some stitches at the end of this long row join.

The pattern will disappear on Feb. 12th so if you are sewing along, make sure you have all the information you need before that day.

Linking up to Design Wall Monday over at Judy's

12 comments:

Nann said...

Grassy Creek is BIG -- I write from experience! I like the gray fabric you're using.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

You're doing a great job on Grassy Creek! Congrats on all the little pieces lining up...Bonnie's patterns scare me just a little with all the small piecing parts....

Andee Neff said...

Grassy Creek is looking good! I am working on the last of the parts before assembly myself. Love your header pic too!

Bonnie said...

Your Grassy Creek definitely looks wonderful. Hope you power on and get it completed soon.

Kathy S. said...

Your Grassy Creek looks fabulous! Great job pulling your scrap colors together for this one.

Robin said...

You really have some lovely gray fabric in this piece.

AnnieO said...

I do like your version of the Grassy Creek quilt. String piecing has never appealed to me to DO, although I like the way it looks a lot of times! Enjoy your stitchy times.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Janet O. said...

It looks really good, Kathy! I am always inspired by the way you don't hesitate to take the pattern and make it fit your needs/plans. And they always turn out well.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Wow, this is progressing very well, nice project.

berylthepearl said...

Your version of Bonnie’s mystery is lovely, I am enjoying mine also. Love it when pieces fit together. Maybe I’m getting better at cutting, sewing and squaring up pieces! Hope so!

Kate said...

You've made really good progress on Grassy Creek! Your version is looking good.