Saturday, January 23, 2021

Playing with Pink

Did you see the Table Scraps Challenge from Joyful Quilter? Last year I enjoyed making a few placemats and decided to continue with that in 2021, combining the RSC colour of the month with a placemat project. The link up is the last Saturday of the month, so that will be fun!


I pulled out some old leftover HST blocks and made a few pinwheels to start. These are small blocks - the pinwheels measure 2" and will be 1.5" in the finished project.



Then I added a very pale pink background fabric and put some blocks on point. Cute so far, but not big enough for a placemat yet, so I'll have to add to it.


So much scrappy pinkness going on right now. Did you see the UFO I'm also working on? Totally pink!

Linking up to the RSC party


11 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for the shout out, Kathy! I'm looking forward to seeing all of the wonderful table covering being made out in BlogLand. One change! The TABLE SCRAPS Link Party will be open all next weekend. (I thought it might making it easier for people to have Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday to link-up!)

Maggie said...

Those are super cute blocks. Every little bit counts and make beautiful quilt blocks.

Kirsten said...

Very cute. I look forward to seeing the end result of the pinwheels.

scraphappy said...

A placemat is such a fun size to work on. Plenty of space to play with fabric, and not a huge time commitment. Best of all -- it is so useful!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your pinwheels in pink are going to make a pretty placemat! I love how you set them.

Deb A said...

Sew fun! Glad you are joining in on the table scrap challenge.

Kaisievic said...

So very pretty.❤️

gayle said...

You had me at 'on point'! :)

Ivani said...

Cute pinwheels Kathy. Very insteristing lay out for your placemate.

Janet O. said...

I saw the challenge on her blog, but have way too many quilty irons in the fire right now to add even one more thing. I love what you have done with your table scraps! The pinwheels are as cute as can be. I am interested to see how you incorporate the other elements to enlarge it to placemat size.

ButterZ said...

Great idea to make placemats for the challenge.