This week I am diligently working on my Grassy Creek mystery quilt. It has been a fun quilt to piece, and I have enjoyed it immensely. This is the rough layout according to the directions. It was nice but a bit too much red for me.
I replaced all the churn dash bars with gold fabrics and it was also nice but a bit too much gold for me.
The story of Goldilocks came to mind... too hard, too soft, too hot, too cold, ahhhh... just right!
I tried a combination of alternating red and gold and that was just right! I loved how that looked and couldn't wait to get sewing it together. It is my goal to sew the entire quilt top by next week's design wall. Lofty goal, but doable if I can stay focused.
Linking up to Design Wall Monday over at Small Quilts.