Saturday, March 14, 2020

Scrappy Saturday

It's been a long quilt-less week and I'm ready for a sewathon this weekend! 
aqua blocks and aqua iron!
The popular term now is "self-isolating" but quilters must admit that we have been doing that for years for our own enjoyment and mental health!
Here are a few aqua Shoo Fly leader-ender blocks that I've been working on in between sewing Frolic blocks. The floral fabric was a dress that my friend made for her daughter and I am using up the last little scraps in these Shoo Fly blocks.


one pig and 4 flies!
These are the 4 newest Shoo Fly blocks, being supervised by my pig block (made for National Pig Day).


This weekend I am working on my Wishing Ring block collection to see where that project is at. 



I decided to make 9 patch blocks with the blocks made so far. I was happy with the 7 blocks on the design wall, but the blue collection did not make me happy. I decided to divide those blocks and make a light blue and a dark blue set whenever blue month comes up at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
aqua wishing rings sewn into a 9 patch block
I'm planning to add 3 more blocks to make a 12 block quilt, maybe adding gold, dark green, and a group of grey wishing rings.
Hop over to Rainbow Scrap challenge link up to see more scrap projects.

15 comments:

Kathy S. said...

I love how the Wishing Ring blocks are looking all together. Fun projects! I will be in semi-isolation today. Ohio schools have a mandatory three weeks off starting TODAY. I hope to quilt quilt quilt! -- and spend time with family. :)

Deanna W said...

So many colours to chose from! Love those little churn dash blocks...especially the one with the snowman!!

scraphappy said...

A long quilty weekend sounds perfect.

Dona's Crafts said...

I just told my son that I am home for at least the next three weeks form teaching college. I also told him I had enough things to keep me busy. Now my husband is another story.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the big rainbow quilt on your design area - it is looking good. Yes as a quilter we have plenty to do and most likely won't have a problem isolating - but our husband's on the other hand - mine isn't going to isolate until he is forced to and hopefully that won't be too late.

Louise said...

Nine patches of wishing rings? BRILLIANT!! Your self isolation is clearly leading to some great ideas and productive sewing :)

Cathy said...

That’s a very clever layout! Such happy blocks! Enjoy your quilty weekend!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your aqua iron is so cute, especially with those blocks! The wishing rings are making a great design, too!

Jennifer said...

i LOVE your wishing ring quilt!

Janet O. said...

Sweet little aqua blocks beside the pig. The colors look good together. :)
Wishing Rings look amazing in the 9-patch format.
Just how many RSC projects do you have going?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super cute TEAL blocks and a great idea for your Wishing Rings!!

Jenny said...

Pretty pink piggy face! And I've always admired your Wishing Ring blocks, really lovely.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Glad you are getting some stitching time.

Cathy said...

Oh, I like that nine patch layout for Wishing Rings.

gayle said...

I love all those sweet rings and shooflies. And oh, that PIG! What a cutie!