Monday, March 09, 2020

Design Wall Monday

I'm still slowly working away on my Frolic mystery blocks. I finally have finished all the half blocks needed for the on point setting.
When I went to post this photo I realized that I made too many of these  blocks. Once again I just kept sewing instead of following the instructions! This week I will deconstruct 4 of them to become the corner quarter blocks.  Block by block I'm getting closer to being able to sew this quilt top together!
Linking to Small Quilts.

9 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Argh, frogging is no fun at all! But the quilt is looking good.

Debby Gorman said...

Your colors are so different from the original pattern. I love, love, love your selections. Can’t wait to see the finished quilt! Hurry up!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Its coming along great. Your fabric choices are beautiful!

Julierose said...

I love your colors for this Frolic (leap frogging is not fun!!)
There are so many pieces in this pattern--you do such a great job on these intricate patterns nice work hugs, Julierose

Jenny said...

There is always a lot of sewing in those mystery quilts, you've coming along so well. I started one several years ago and found I could not deal with all the little itty bitty pieces. But the pile of neutral string blocks I made have been used in other projects, so that's a good outcome.

Judy Hansen said...

Beautiful Frolic so far - keep going. Perseverance is a great quality! Judy

Karrin Hurd said...

You are further along than me! I have never twisted so many units the wrong way and had to rip out than on this quilt!

Janet O. said...

Well, at least you have found a good use for your "overage". Looks good!

Kate said...

Those Frolic blocks take a lot of assembly and it's so easy to just keep stitching once you get in a groove. Looking forward to seeing your version come together.