Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Mid Month UFO Report

One of the casualties of the coronavirus measures is NO St. Patrick's Day parties this year. I will miss the celebrations this year as I have always enjoyed that mid March festivity. Wishing you all a very Happy St. Patrick's Day! 

Instead of celebrating, I'll be in my quilting room working on my March UFO. This month I am hoping to finish my asterisks quilt. It has been waiting for 2 years to be finished and this is the month!
I picked a red-salmon colour thread for the bobbin and a variegated green for the top. The fabric under the red thread is the backing.


I am quilting vertical lines with some random loops which is a quilting design that I saw on Cathy's Sane, Crazy, Crumby quilting blog. It's a fun design to quilt and it's going quickly, so that's a win-win!

How are you spending St. Patrick's Day?!?

6 comments:

Louise said...

I really liked that quilting motif when I used it last month! It goes fast and is soooo forgiving. Your Asterisks are going to look great and I'm looking forward to seeing it all finished :)

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Nice that you are nearing the finish line on your asterisks. Looks good! No St Patrick's Day in Japan, ha ha.

Janet O. said...

Can't wait to see your Asterisk quilt all finished up!
We usually celebrate St. Patty's Day at home with potato soup, salad, soda bread, ginger "ale", and shortbread afterward, so our party was not affected. :)

Deb A said...

You are making great progress! We kept to the under 10 grouping and did a visit to Grandma's house where my hubby's cousin was visiting before heading home to Ohio. We had our st. paddy's meal tonight. Happy stitching.

Sarah said...

Lovely bright colours! I looked at the quilting pattern and really like it. Will have to store that in my head for a future quilt.

Barb said...

Love your astrek quilt...