At quilt retreat in February a quilting friend gave me a bag that contained some selvages and two long alphabet themed strips. I pinned the strips on the design wall and found some Lori Holt fabrics in the stash that matched... and I thought about what I might like to sew.
There was not much space between the letter blocks to accommodate seam allowances, but I went ahead and cut them apart anyway and sewed alternating gingham squares from the Lori Holt Bee Basics fabric. This is how it looked with the blocks sewn into rows.
Some extra ginghams were added in on the edges and then the rows were joined together.
I wish there was more of the red around each letter block.
Oh well.. it's still a cute little doll quilt.
Now what for borders?
I added gingham squares on the right and bottom since there were not enough to go all around the quilt.
Here is the finished quilt top and this photo shows the accurate daytime colours.
I love the multi colour striped hearts and dots sashing fabric which is a Me and My Sister Moda fabric.
Finished quilt top
measures 26" x 36".
Here's the adorable selvage edge with these sweet bunnies!
Can't wait to sew that into something!
Linking up to the Design Wall Monday post at Small Quilts.
very cute and a great save of the scraps
Sweet as can be!
So so cute!!!! Your vision on how to use these was just perfect!!
Yes, indeed, a very cute doll quilt. What is it about gingham that we love.
Adorable quilt! The gingham squares are a perfect separator. I would not have thought of that. This is most charming.
This is so sweet! I'm glad you included the "true colors" photo so we can enjoy those candy colors :)
Trying again, I left a comment on a Test Food blog, LOL, don't know how that happened. Anyway, the quilt came together nicely, and someone will be happpy to have it to cuddle!
What a very cute finish from the panel. I am often at a loss as to what to do with such a panel. You nailed it!
What a cute little quilt.
Post a Comment