Monday, March 02, 2020

Mosaic Mystery on the Design Wall

The mystery quilt at Meadow Mist designs has come to a conclusion. 
The quilt is called Mosaic Mystery and this is how my version looked without borders. I wasn't very happy with it because one of the main design elements (the diagonal chain) was too light/yellow to provide some good contrast in the quilt. (This photo was taken at night and doesn't show the true colours.)

I auditioned many fabrics to figure out what this quilt needed to help me like it more.
Finally I found the sunflowers and birds strips in a very busy print. I fussy cut the strips for the top and bottom borders and pieced them together. 
And now I love it!
Hop over to the link up party to see over 100 versions of this same design. It's amazing how people put colours and fabrics together. All the quilts look alike, but each one is unique!
Linking up to Small Quilts and the Mosaic Mystery party.

9 comments:

Deanna W said...

I like your quilt very much with the sunflowers too. I looked at the link and wow so many different ones. Some don't even look like the same quilt. Glad you love your quilt now!!

julieQ said...

The yellow is my favorite part! I just Love your quilt so much!!!!

Preeti said...

The sunflowers surely liven it up :-)
You can try enhancing the light yellows with quilting. Use a bright orange thread, may be.

Karen said...

What a difference the sunflower border makes. It defines the quilt more and gives it a theme. Good choice.

Jenny said...

What a difference those borders make!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I also love your quilt and the colors--I did 'pop' over to the link up and the only other two that I kinda liked is #63 and #103--bet you can guess why I liked 103!!!!
love the borders you found for yours--
luv, di
ps--my comments are not showing up in my email--
hate to go into settings and mess things up was hoping it would correct itself--but so far---

Chantal said...

Very nice, Kathy. It looks so Spring-y. Perfect borders. Have to tell you, on top right hand, you have one piece going the wrong way. Other than that, it's perfect. ;^)

Vicki W said...

It's amazing how much that sunflower print brought out the yellow chain. Well done!

MissPat said...

That sunflower border was the perfect accent.