Sunday, July 15, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

It's finally Sunday - a day of rest, reflection, renewal, and slow stitching! Why not join us as we get out our hand stitching projects and put in a few relaxing stitches?


I'm working on my Life Is Beautiful project today. I put all the finished blocks on the design wall to see where this project is at. 
30 blocks are quilted, which is almost the half way point. I have quilted more embroidered blocks than the alternate blocks, so today I'm going to pin baste a stack of alternate blocks to work on.




I have the blocks appliqued, the batting and backing squares cut, and am ready to get a few more blocks completed. Well, the completion won't happen today, but lots of stitching will be happening and they will all get finished eventually.



What are you hand stitching today? We love to see what you're creating so link up your blog post and share your project with us.

**Sorry the link up didn't work right this morning! I was camping and set an autopost that apparently didn't like my instructions. Click page refresh and hopefully the updated link will appear...

   
    An InLinkz Link-up
   

20 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your Live is Beautiful blocks are coming along, you'll soon be finished with this project. Just to let you know, the link up is not working.

Deanna W said...

Great job on those blocks....

Looks like the link up is closed. Hope you can fix it so we can join in with you today on your blog!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful blocks, looks like you have some great stitching coming ;)

The Cozy Quilter said...

This project is coming along beautifully! Life is indeed beautiful.

CathieJ said...

I was hoping to join your link-up, but it seems to be closed right now. Life is beautiful is very beautiful.

Created by Kathi said...

I love your life is beautiful progress.... so excited to see this project come together too <3 I will be slow stitching at my frame today and will check to see if your linky is working later on :)
Have a blessed Sunday!
Kathi

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I will check in with you later and see if your link is working

Sarah said...

I've long admired this project. It ticks all the boxes for me!

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

Hopefully the link up will be live later. I'll check in after church. I love the colors in that quilt.

Karen said...

You are quilting the blocks individually. How will you join them?

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Looking good, I finally have a hand project underway and will post about it soon.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

So satisfying for you to see these beautiful blocks all together. Happy Sunday stitching!

Deb A said...

Almost time to head in and attempt to clean up the sewing area a little bit. I'll be doing a little slow stitching later on the blue dresden. I'll try and make a post later today. There is a way to fix the blogspot comment issue - hope you found it! Essentially remove your email from the posting comments forwarding... save and then add it back.

Nann said...

The LIB quilt was on display at a local show I attended last month. I really like the embroidered sayings! I think that the process of stitching them would be very therapeutic.

Kate said...

Another beautiful quilt in the works. Enjoy your day of slow stitching.

Jenny said...

Oh dear, can't access your link to see everyone's slow stitching project.

Lyndsey said...

I love your blocks. Can't wait to see the finished quilt

Val's Quilting Studio said...

HI Kathy!! I'm so glad I stopped by today (Late to the party) as I love this project of yours. Every time I see it I have to remind myself that I have tooooo many other projects. But I keep admiring from afar.

Miaismine said...

It's been a wonderful journey as I've followed your progress on this beautiful quilt! It's so lovely and precious with all the hand stitching! Thank you for sharing!

audrey said...

Love that pattern! It's coming together so nicely too!