Tuesday, July 03, 2018

July UFO

The UFO of the month decision is usually a challenge for me. I have to really look at the month coming up, how much quilting time is available, think about what is a realistic goal, what supplies might still need to be purchased, and if there will be time to shop for those supplies. 
Ringo Parts
This month I'm choosing a piecing project simply because it's too hot to do any machine quilting. Also I have everything needed for this project, so no shopping is required.


My goal is to complete my On Ringo Lake quilt top. Here is the pile of parts ready to be organized and sewn together.
At the half year point, I have finished 3 of the 13 UFOs on my 2018 list (on the right sidebar). Several of the quilts on the list have seen some progress this year but aren't yet completed. I sure do hope to have many more finishes in the last half of the year.
Hop over to One Monthly Goal to see what the other quilters are going to accomplish in the month of July. One lucky UFO completer will win an Aurifil thread box this month!

10 comments:

Barb said...

Oh you are so good at setting goals!
Happy Canadian Day (I'm a US citizen who secretly wishes she was Canadian). xo

Deanna W said...

My Ringo Lake sits in a box with just he last step to finish..but it is as large as step as two previous months together. Maybe some day...I have another quilt that needs machine quilting first!

Louise said...

Very smart to choose a piecing project in the heat of summer! Looking forward to seeing your ORL all put together :)

Needled Mom said...

It is going to be gorgeous in those colors.

Mary said...

I'm sleeping under my On Ringo Lake Quilt. The piecing is the easy part, but the sashing wasn't as fun. No wine drinking when you get to that part. Just a Tip for you. It's all worth it. I love Aurifil. I haven't had much luck catching the finish link -up for OMG! You are choosing smart. Sew Kathy Sew!!

Patty said...

Your ringo Lake blocks look wonderful. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

Karen said...

I admire that you even try to set UFO goals and attempt to follow through. I am no good at that. There is always something new and interesting quilt wise grabbing my attention.

Janet O. said...

I just don't set goals because I am pretty sure I will never get the quilting time I expect. Something always comes up!
I really like On Ringo Lake and your color palette is very cozy!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great goal and love your fabric choice!

Kate said...

Good luck! Bonnie's mystery quilt are so fun, but boy do they have a lot of pieces!