Saturday, July 21, 2018

Scrappy Saturday

July is red month over at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The goal is to sew as many of our red and maroon scraps as possible into quilt blocks.
It used to be that my red scraps were mostly Christmas themed, but once I started the 150 Canadian Women project, I accumulated a wide variety of reds. (That quilt hasn't seen any progress lately... maybe I should get it out this month?)
Anyway I did use up a lot of small scraps for my Squared Away sampler blocks for July. This month's pattern is called "Round the Corner" and the pattern can be found over at the Academic Quilter

I am making 4 blocks each month at the 5" size. And here are all my fantastic sampler blocks made this year. 
Thanks to Mari and Angela for this fun project!
Hop over to the link up to see more RSC posts.

14 comments:

DreamNT said...

Great job. Very nice looking quilt.









เกร็ดน่ารู้

Laura said...

Love seeing all of the blocks together!

Kate said...

Your red blocks turned out beautifully. You have a great set of blocks to work with for your sampler. Have you given any thought on how you are going to set them together?

Needled Mom said...

Those are all fabulous.

karen said...

Your rainbow challenge blocks look fantastic!

Julierose said...

Beautiful blocks! Lots of pieces in each one....loving the small patterned backgrounds on those reds...lovely...hugs, Julierose

Angie said...

Love seeing all your blocks, especially in that row-by-row style!

Janet O. said...

Beautiful rainbow of variety!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Your blocks are beautiful! I really like the reds

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Really pretty red blocks and they go well with all the other pretty colored blocks you have made--
I like red--but I did discover that I really don't have alot of red--
so you know what that means --don't you????
enjoy, di

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great job. Your blocks look so pretty all in a row!

Miaismine said...

Your blocks are beautiful! At the end you'll havve a beautiful sampler quilt!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Lots of fun reds in your blocks! I enjoyed seeing the whole set, too!

beaquilter said...

Love all these blocks!