Friday, July 20, 2018

Aurifil DOM

Aurifil posts a new block pattern each month in their Designer of the Month project with the interesting theme of "The Places We Go". I made their DOM last year (click here to see it) and really enjoyed it, but some of the blocks this year have been more challenging. January's block has been "in production" since January LOL! I didn't like the bridge block for April, and couldn't visually figure out what the June block was.

But then came July's block which is an easy log cabin variation called "Beach Houses" by Sherri McConnell. It involved cutting lots of 1.25" strips but once the cutting was done, the sewing part was quick and easy.



Here is my finished block.
To see other finished blocks, hop over to the June Aurifil link up.


Below is a photo of the 4 Aurifil DOM blocks I've made so far this year.


7 comments:

Bambi Pearson said...

Love the watercolors you used. Aqua is my favorite color.

Deanna W said...

Love your colour choices. We must have been on the same wave length or somthing. I was working on log cabin blocks too. I took a pic just for you because when I was machine quilting it, the backing got flipped under and quilted.Needless to say the ripper came out. Just trying to make you feel better

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Very pretty! Turquoise is one of my favorite colors and the blocks are so pretty!

Karen said...

You have the prettiest turquoise fabrics in your stash.

Janet O. said...

Wow--these are gorgeous, Kathy!
Love the contrast of the stark black and white against those cool, pretty colors!

Mary said...

Very Pretty ! I did the Designer Blocks last year. I like this color way.

Kate said...

You always get your color palette just right. Beautiful blocks!