I can hardly believe it, but I did accomplish my July goal to sew together my "On Ringo Lake" quilt top. This was the Bonnie Hunter mystery from November 2017. I have changed my version slightly from Bonnie's original pattern which had an on point setting, and I used a straight set layout. The original design also had sashing, but I turned my sashing units into an accordion border. Because of my changes, there were a lot of bulky seams to match, and many, many pins were used to join each seam. Here is the quilt top hanging on the clothesline today.
I was so excited to take the photo of the finished quilt top... and guess what happened when I hung it up?
I immediately spotted a mistake! Can you believe it? There it is just as plain as day. I had checked and rechecked each row so many times before putting the whole thing together.
Oh well, I guess it's not completely finished since I'll have to dig out the seam ripper and fix that mistake now. I sure do hope there is only one mistake!
The quilt top measures 82.5" x 64.5" and contains 3,056 pieces.
A huge thank you to Bonnie Hunter who has been providing these wonderful mysteries to us year after year for FREE!! Let's remember to thank her for all she gives to the quilting world by supporting her classes and buying her products. I can't even imagine what quilting would be like for me without her scrappy inspiration, generosity, and brilliant pattern designing. I can't wait for her next string piecing book to be released and to see what she comes up with for the next mystery.
To see more design wall posts, hop over to Small Quilts.
To see more One Monthly Goal posts, hop over to the end of month link up.