Thursday, July 20, 2017

New Mystery Quilt

I caved to the temptation to start the Meadow Mist Designs mystery quilt called Magnolia Mystery
Why?
Because there are only 4 fabrics required and I already have them in my stash! When I read the fabric requirements for this quilt, I could see in my mind's eye the exact fabric I could use from my stash. I have a lot of fabric leftover from my Swoon quilt and this is the perfect project to use it up.

A - yellow (3/8 yd scrappy)
B - grey (3/4 yd yardage)
C - black (5/8 yd yardage)
D - white with black designs (background 4 1/4 yd scrappy)
We won't actually start sewing until August but I have everything ready to go. Thanks to Kate for the enticement to join in the fun!

8 comments:

Alison V. said...

This is a fun color combination!

Janet O. said...

Your willingness to always join the fun is a joy to observe, Kathy. If it makes you happy, go for it! :)

Deanna W said...

Enticed..yes...I love mysteries but do I dare to start something new. I have so many patterns that I have been looking at. Might have to pass on this one!

Gretchen Weaver said...

The colors looks wonderful and will make a great quilt! I'll participate by reading about your progress on the blog. Have fun!

Mary said...

Have Fun! I had to get a neww book for a QAL starting in August. No guilt in Quilting.

Janice Holton said...

Love your fabric choices for the mystery quilt! Can't wait to see how that turns out! I am going to have to sit this one out as I know we'll be moving right in the middle of it and that would be frustrating to me. So maybe next year. I'll be watching!

Kate said...

Love your fabric choices! It's nice when you can find a mystery that helps you use up some stash. That's the reason I do them (and I'm sticking to that!). Looking forward to seeing how the scrappy approach works for the background.

Kristin said...

L.O.V.E. your fabrics!!! Enjoy the mystery!