Monday, July 03, 2017

Design Wall Monday

The Bear quilt is back on the design wall. 
Wow that last border was a lot of work! I had a terrible time with the measurements and redid a couple of the ends of the seams more than once. You know how it is when the outside edge of the quilt is wider that the inside measurements, and you try to make it fit and the fabric is just pulling too much? But if you give too much fabric, the border becomes a hot wavy mess! Attaching borders are my least favourite part of making a quilt for sure! And I'm planning to maybe add two more...a light and then a dark.
This quilt is a pattern of Lorna's from Sew Fresh Quilts. Her designs are intricate, detail oriented, and lots of fun to challenge yourself to make. Did you see her Canadiana version of the bear quilt? Check it out here. It's amazing and features two pieced bears in the finished quilt. 
It was my goal in June to finish this bear quilt. I did almost finish the quilt top. So my UFO goal for July will be the same as June's was... to finish this quilt.
To see more design wall posts, hop over to Small Quilts.
To see more UFO promises, hop over to One Monthly Goal.

10 comments:

Ariane said...

This quilt is looking wonderful!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think the border was one of the reasons I had no interest in making it - a bit of work and I always end up not being accurate - I think your turned out great.

Lisa J. said...

So close! It's looking great.

AnnieO said...

That is a great deal of cutting and sewing for a border! It does look good and complements the piecing in the center. Good luck on finishing it in July!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh mny gosh!!!! It is so awesome tho!!!

Laura said...

The bear quilt is lookin' great! You are getting closer to the finish! Yay!

Judy Hansen said...

You will finish this top in July-you are almost there. I like it.

Janet O. said...

WooHoo--wonderful job, Kathy!
I really like Lorna's "Canada" quilt, too.

Patty said...

Awesome bear quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

Kat Scribner said...

Your bear quilt is WONDERFUL !!