Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Blockheads

Are you keeping up with the Blockheads project?
Block #17 was posted last week and is called "Trail of Tears". But there were no tears involved in sewing it! It was an easy block and used up lots of small scraps.
The block pattern the week before is an appliqued flag, and because it's Canada's 150th birthday this year I wanted to make a Canadian flag. So I have to figure out how to make that.



Here are my first 16 blocks.
I wonder if this week is another applique block? Hop over to Moda to see the pattern for block #18.

3 comments:

Chantal said...

You've done very well at keeping up with this project. I started to save all the blocks when they were available but missed a few because I just couldn't find them. I find it hard to follow. Your blocks are awesome together. It will make a wonderful quilt. ;^)

Janet O. said...

This has been an interesting year for me as far as SALs go. After years of not doing them, I was allowing myself to join this year--planned on Primitive Triangles and never got started. Same with Blockheads. Now I have followed that same pattern with Temecula's Marvelous Mini Monday. Once I got out of the habit, I guess I can;'t get back in.
Your blocks look really good together. Do you have a "color scheme", or just grabbing what strikes you at the time?

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Your quilt is really coming together - again - love your colorway!