Friday, July 28, 2017

A Mini Finish

Now that The Bear is finished, and before I get to work on my August UFO, I wanted to make a quick little wallhanging from fabric I purchased at the Goose on the Loose shop hop in May. I loved the whole line of this Bee Creative fabric, so believe me when I say that I demonstrated great self restraint in buying only 3 pieces of the fabric line!

I didn't want this great fabric to go into storage and decided to simply cut out the panel squares and border them with the bee fabric. I machine quilted diagonal lines with the walking foot on, and used masking tape as a guide for spacing the lines.



I'm very happy with look of the black flange tucked in the hexagon binding. It makes a perfect little 13" square wallhanging for the front door. 
I'm going to make up some little kits to give to some of the Slow Sunday Stitchers, so if you'd like to make a similar wallhanging, check back here on Sunday for the giveaway to "bee inspired"!

12 comments:

Julierose said...

this is just adorable--great idea...hugs, Julierose

Deanna W said...

My daughter collected bee fabric for a few years. I finally made her a quilt with the fabric when she was in college. She stills has the quilt that many years later. But of course I still have fabric...so I could make a wallhanging too if I win on Sunday!!! haha

piecefulwendy said...

A fun, cute mini, and a great project after The Bear! I love the word blocks!

Kathy H said...

Very cute mini. I love this bee fabric.

Briarose said...

very cute, I have a bee quilt to put together. Are you located in Toronto or just outside of the GTA? I live NW of Barrie and have seen and attended many of the hops and relief sales that you have and guilds :)

Karen in Breezy Point said...

It's very cute! I have a little collection of bee fabrics--I'm not sure why I'm so attracted to them, because the real ones scare me--lol!

Mary said...

Cute, cute! What a great mini to hang on your door. A quick finish after the Bear. Sew on!

Cathy said...

Good advice. You've certainly been a busy bee with all these finishes the last few days. Congrats on another.

Jill said...

Adorable. A swell mini-bee-finish!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on a fast finish.

Janice Holton said...

I love this! Great finish Kathy! Did you say you are having a giveaway for a kit like this?

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute door hanger.